• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
bensonmi

Sykespeed

bensonmi

has any body else dealt with him? got to be the worst person iv ever bought any thing off!

3 weeks ago i paid for a set off "brand new" mintex 1155 pads, he dug them out when he was on the phone to me sounded like they'd get to me fast. they arived a week later, 2 mintex pads, (used not brand new!) and 2 completely different pads that dont even match let alone fit a 205!

rang him back up he had attititude and said he' l sort it they'l be here the following tuesday, tuesday came, nothing, thought give him a couple of days. rang him back on fri he said he cant find them he's ordered me another set then he'l send them straight off to me, fair enough i thought as long as he's sorting it i dont mind.

2 weeks went buy i couldnt get in touch with him as i was working late, rang him up today and he couldnt be arsed said his new pads havent turned up yet carry on waiting! i told him last time i spoke to him these pads are all thats holding me back from mot'ing the car and he still made no effort to contact me , left me hanging so many times now i have to send back the rubbish he sent, pay for postage myself then he'l refund me! totally wasted my time and money would highly not recomend him there are far better people out here to buy stuff off and many of them are on this forum.

Any body else had problems or is he usually good?

jord294

afaik, he buys cars and breaks them

personally, i wouldn't buy from him

sorry you've had bad dealings :(

Miles

Again a good Friend of mine bought a 'X' Gearbox from him which it clearly wasn;t, He got his money back thou but it was advistered again the same before he bought it.

bensonmi

totally wasted my time really the worst part was he dug them out whilst on the phone to me, said yea got a full set BRAND new in my hand, so basicly lied to me, and when they got here theres marks from the piston where they'v been fitted before. from now on im only buying from people on the forum at least you know they'r reputation then.

just thought id share my experience in the hope it doesnt happen to others.

Anulfo

Have to say yes i'm one of those who have been unfortunate enough to deal with this merchant!!!Bought a gearbox that was sold as an Mi 16 gearbox (wanted the crown wheel and pinion) but on inpection when it arrived was clearly just a bog standard 205 1.9Gti box.Sent it back got a refund and all that but the lesson is that i have never used him again since and never would advise anyone to!!!!

In the end Baz supplied the desired part!!!!!

Daviewonder

Where does this guy trade then?

Baz

He used to advertise in Motoring/sport News, and they have a website of the same name...

Batfink

I bought a carbon kevlar bonnet which turned out to be fibreglass. Got a refund on that though.

I still have the door i bought with it as a pair though its a fibreglass inner but kevlar outer, but its still worth having..

bensonmi

he aqdvertises in the motorsport news every wednesday, he's not exactly cheap either. iv just posted back the pads, £4.50, he told me they'd only cost 80p to post. how many more lies will he say! just hope he refunds me in full.

Richy_cti

that the guy you were tellign me about with the miss matched pads and crapy service?

ow i'll text you the price for the tyres now fella forgot all about that.

bensonmi
that the guy you were tellign me about with the miss matched pads and crapy service?

ow i'll text you the price for the tyres now fella forgot all about that.

yea thats the one, he's the reason why iv got those un opened 1.6 disks to sell!

actually, my birds got my phone today so i wont be able to text you back.

Edited by bensonmi

SurGie

It seems he has had to refund quite a bit after reading this thread, which means it takes more effort with it all, it makes me think he must have sold a lot of stuff that's not quite right yet not had to refund because some people cant be bothered.

Batfink

my experience was a good few years back.

pug_ham

I've bought things from him but I don't live very far away & used to go quite close to where he is based so I always picked things up but he has a reputatiion of selling things not exactly as described.

I got a complete front subframe for £10 but when I got up there the arb had been messed with & was snapped so I got a different one to what he'd sold which was fine & had better wishbones fitted. :rolleyes:

He is on ebay under sykespeed as well iirc.

Graham.

bensonmi

i doubt every thing he sells is bad, but it was his lack of trying to put things right, and not contacting me and fobbing me off that annoyed me! and you cant describe something as brand new when it clearly isnt. But most annoyingly its set me back 3 weeks with the project and i cant wait to get it on the road :rolleyes:

tri_longer
has a reputatiion of selling things not exactly as described.

Graham.

Sounds like someone else we know!!

jackherer

If he is a company and he is selling brake pads in anything other than a sealed box I believe he is breaking the law.

http://www.mintex.com/uk/products-mainmenu...-90-mainmenu-97

Regulation 90 (or ECE R90) is the European standard introduced in April 2001 to control the manufacture, sale, distribution and installation of replacement brake pads and lined shoes. Regulation 90 sets standards that mean, by law, replacement brake pads and lined shoes must perform within +/- 15% of the O.E. (Original Equipment) parts, that they have met production tests to ensure that they are robust, that they carry clear identification marks and that they are properly packaged in sealed boxes.

bensonmi

maybe so but i dont want to go as far as sueing (spelling??!) him, id just rather share my experience to warn others to check that what they are buying is right, there might be some body else out there with my other 2 pads matched to an odd set of pads without realising!

tri_longer

Or Rogue Traders on watchdog :rolleyes:

bensonmi
I wasn't suggesting taking it that far, just give Trading Standards a call... http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/

lol il see how fast he refunds me and if he refunds my postage first, i know im well within my rights to do so tho, but it seems like a lot of hassle!

edbar

Bought a "Mint" filter king pressure reg off him two years ago. When it finally arrived it was a well used fse injection pressure reg and not a filter king as advertised. You would think if he advertised it as a filter king he would know it would have a filter, its in the name! Wouldnt use him again!

marksorrento205
Sounds like someone else we know!!

I wonder who that could be :) Steering rack by any chance :D

tri_longer
I wonder who that could be :) Steering rack by any chance :D

Thats not fair you've spoilt the game for others now.

Oh, and needless to say that the one for Alistair was just the same as the one you had and nothing like the random one I got sent.

I got bored emailing him and getting crap answers and couldn't be bothered with an ebay dispute, so just binned it in the end.

Edited by tri_longer

marksorrento205

Nice one!! Just got to get it fitted now :D Catch up with you tonight at the lancs meet