• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

driversdomainuk

Kent Pt37 Cam

driversdomainuk

Hi all

I've recently bought an 8v 1.9 engine. I've discovered it has a BVH and a Kent PT37 cam.

Can anyone tell me about this cam? Is it more competiton or just "fast road" - i think it's 280 degrees, but that's all I know. Use the car for hillclimbs.

Thanks

Edited by driversdomainuk

j_turnell

Similar to the peugeot sport max torque can I believe. Around 280 & close to 12mm lift. Would need to be used with management or carbs.

driversdomainuk

It was on a road rally car, so still has standard injection albeit with a power boost valve. I'm soon to get carbs fitted.

petert

I wouldn't say it's as big as the Max Torque cam. It only has 2.2mm lift @ TDC, thus it probably runs ok on a manifold.

welshpug

looks like a very mild upgrade over the Sports injection PT36, same lobe centre angle and a couple of degrees more duration either side and a tiny bit more peak lift, probably more agressive rampo angles.

quite a Jump to the next cam in their range.

petert

I think they used what ever cam master they had to fill a gap in their XU5/XU9 range. If you look through their catalogue, the same grind will appear in other solid bucket follower applications. A decent competition cam on a 106 centreline would have at least 3.5mm lift at TDC.

Dextercooper

Hi, i'm rebuilding my engine with other pistons, so it would raise the CR to 10.5:1, ported a polish head, i'm running standard engine management, should a have to much troubles fitting PT37 cam? I used on weekends and tracks days.