• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

GLPoomobile

Decent Cordless Impact Guns

aldworth33

That's good going for a 90L, what PSI?

Runs at 10bar, it's a great little compressor tbf. I'm used to massive workshop compressors and was really surprised what my gun could get off ran by the little 90l, my mates got the same one and painted his ps13 using it

wicked

Have look at used hitachi wh22 or wh16 corded impact guns. I had a wh22 but sold it because of the 1" socket. Still regret that I sold it; no axle or crank nut could win from the 588nm of torque....

I bought an airgun as replacement, but was disappointed by it, so bought a wh16 instead. Nice, but less powerfull as the wh22.

wicked

Tkink it was 3/4" drive, not 1"

GLPoomobile

I'm getting a bit carried away reading torque specs now! Look at this bad boy - Dewalt DCF899P2 - £360 though.

https://www.sitebox.ltd.uk/dewalt-dcf899p2-high-torque-impact-wrench-18v-cordless-brushless-2-x-5ah-batteries-odwlt_dcf899p2

Only took me 10 bloomin months, but I finally got one!

Bought the DCF899 body from one place for £150, a 5.0AH battery for £65 and a charger for £20 from another place. Both places did Quidco cashback at 3% and 4% so another few quid saved. The DCF059 that Tom recommended back at the start coming up 2nd hand on eBay so I was watching a few of them, but by the final bidding it wasn't a huge saving over buying the newer (and better, spec wise) 899 brand new. So a warranty and peace of mind won out there.

I need to replace the front strut top mount and spring seat on my V70 in next few weeks so that will be the maiden voyage. I know the bolts on the hub are very very crusty, so I'm hoping the DeWalt will make light work of them. Or it will destroy them. Probably the later knowing my luck!

GLPoomobile

Maiden voyage for the DeWalt gun today. Used it to undo a couple of strut/hub bolts on my V70. Mixed impressions at the moment. It did the job, so that's a plus, and I do like it and think it will save me a lot of grief in the long run. But................given the specs it didn't seem to make such light work of the job as expected. If for example I was having to undo a crank bolt, I'm really not sure if this would have managed.

dcc

It's a cheap gun so dont expect the world, having bought a dtw1002z a few months ago I'm glad that I never bothered with the cheapest end of the market, for the exact reason you've found.

Dont forget bolt threads dry out and dissimilar metals can cause big issues, i.e. headbolts in an alloy block, so some patience may be required :)

GLPoomobile

It's a cheap gun so dont expect the world, having bought a dtw1002z a few months ago I'm glad that I never bothered with the cheapest end of the market, for the exact reason you've found.

I just googled that one, and the specs for max torque and max breakaway torque are almost the same. I actually thought ( at the time when I was first looking for a gun months ago) that the DeWlat had the highest torque specs of any 18v wrench. Well, certainly any that were affordable to me. Of course the on paper specs are one thing and the real world another, but I saw some encouraging videos of people putting the DeWalt through it's paces and that was another thing that convinced me to choose this one. So I don't know, maybe I have unrealistic expectations. I'll be happy so long as copes with anything I need of it, but the day it gets defeated by a stuck nut I'll be cursing it.

allanallen

I recently bought a lightweight kielder brushless gun, I was pretty underwhelmed at first but as the batteries have cycled a few times it seems to be getting better, could this be the case with the dewalt too?

Edited by allanallen

Tom Fenton

They improve as they break in the impact mechanism as well.

But tbh don't think it will undo every bolt in the world because sometimes there's no substitute for leverage and brute force.

allanallen

In fact I've just used mine on proton, pissed wheel nuts and caliper bolts off with ease (which it wouldn't do when new), to be fair that's as good as I'll ever want.

toolie72

But tbh don't think it will undo every bolt in the world because sometimes there's no substitute for leverage and brute force.

And a lump hammer (tell it who's boss)

GLPoomobile

That's good to know.

Hopefully mine won't struggle with the occasional light use it'll be put to. I was just concerned that it wasn't the "hot knife through butter" experience I'd expected.

stef205

Ive got the Milwaukee m18chiwf12 502x rated at 950nm. Comes with a dual charger and 2x 5.0ah batteries in my job i needed something that would undo anything i threw at it. Ive had it 2 years now and hasnt showed any signs of softening. The 3 year warranty is pretty handy too.

damo

So did this one last ???? or sh$t being £30 :)

Just for a laugh I've bought a £30 corded impact gun from lidl :lol: see how long it lasts

IMG-20160402-WA0004_zpsakuhiijn.jpeg

Mac Crash

WP_20170408_17_07_52_Pro_zpslcdcobr3.jpg

Gift from the father-in-law with spare battery and charger... only 200nm rating... but removes wheel nuts and stripped my brakes and suspension without problems.
Impressive for it's small size, but then Hilti stuff is generally very good from my experience.