• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

steve@cornwall

Ugly Diesel

AlexRS2782

Well, as you said, the front end pic has not disappointed. I see what you mean about the lacquer / paint fade now, and that front grill - wow - just wow.

Did the original owner have another set of lamps on the front based on the weird humps in the bumper trim and marks on the lower front bumper?

steve@cornwall

Nope that's rusting bumper mount bolts that is......

pugdamo

That's a pain with it still not priming, is it still not pulling any fuel through? If it's not iv got a primer bulb in my tool box you could borrow to set up a remote tank, I just use a fuel can and a couple of pipes.

steve@cornwall

Hey that sounds like a plan! I'll give that a go with my bulb first.With the fuel tank on the scuttle it should be possible to start a syphon :-) Would the return still just go to the tank? And then connect the proper fuel feed pipe when running? Would get the filter and pipe full of diesel and clamp it off ready to fit. It has fired a couple of times so can't be too much amiss. Great tip.

steve@cornwall

I downloaded a pdf tor the lucks pump last night, until then I didn't know about the bleed valves on the pump and was attempting to bleed with just the injector unions loosened. I take it that would maybe explain my failure to date if there's an air lock in the pump ?

GLPoomobile

You know what would finish that car off a treat? (No, not a match and gallon of petrol)

A bullbar. Go on Steve, do it.

steve@cornwall

I think it needs another boot spoiler..........and get some badges made. Forget your "205 GTi 1 Fm" this is a one of a kind Peugeot 205 GRD 4 LW

Edited by steve@cornwall

steve@cornwall

I've had limited success! Used Damiens method of a remote tank, got a syphon going and cranked over. Nothing .

Ran a live feed to the solenoid, cranked, an it cranked a LOT faster, caught and ran briefly. I switched it off in a bit of a panic because the diesel can was perched on the slam panel!!!

At least I know it will run now so can allow my attention to drift to parts finding, cleaning and paintwork.

More detail in my "priming a diesel" thread to follow.

steve@cornwall

Getting less ugly.......and running well now.

20160624_194608.jpg[/url]

steve@cornwall

This has now been mothballed. After time, effort and an engine transplant the GTi has carried in as faithfully load lugger and canine taxi so this one is now a bit superfluous so I've tucked it away in the garage in favour of completing the cti xu10. But 1 day it will live again (despite having tin worm where the rear boot floor used to be)