• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
M_R_205

A Little Bit Of Wiring Help

M_R_205

Whts the difference between the wiring on a phase 1 car and a phase 2 car, i know the rear light looms are different but is that it? will the dash/front light etc loom from a B reg car be ok on my 1989 car? reason im asking is my loom has been butcherd by the previous owner and theres a full loom on ebay off a phase1 B reg car

Thanks

Paul

welshpug

Its not so much P1 to 2, the engine bay wiring changed quite a lot from P1 to 1.5 where the Tachymetric relay and associated wiring was relocated to inside the car next to the ECU, which is when the dreaded "brown multiplug" was introduced into the engine bay.

Then P1.5 was pretty much the same as P2 until the Coil was relocated to the Inlet manifold and the ignition amp to the R/H inner wing instead of L/H, and later the engine management was changed for Motronic, but still quite similar.

the Lighting side of the engine bay in your car will be quite different to the P1 loom as the tachymetric relay is fed in that part on early cars.

M_R_205

Sorry i totaly forgot to mention im fitting tb`s the the car so im doing away with all the managment side, but either way i cant use the b reg Lighting/guage loom on my car, bit of a bummer as theres a whole loom on ebay for a tenner, or the specific part i need thats on 50 quid!!! Item number: 300180059888 And im being out bid! double bugger!

welshpug

I wouldn't bother with a second hand loom as they're at the least 14 year old French wiring...

new connectors and wiring is cheap enough, and you can even make it uprated to cope with uprated bulbs :)

M_R_205

Hmm iv never though of making my own loom, sounds like a lot of work! esoecilaiy as all the wiring iv done so far is a push start and manual fans!! can you get all the connectoers to fit the pug lights and fuse box?

welshpug

headlamp connectors are standard H4 fitment, just copy what is already there. Vehicle wiring products seem to be a good place to source bits from, as are Simtek.

Sign in to follow this