• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

matthewm

Best Mi16 Spark Plugs

matthewm

Worth getting the NGK IRidiums or just the standard NGK's?

Had one of my standard NGK's go down after approx 1500 mile (rally car), is that a one off or are these plugs s*ite!!?

Thanks guys

welshpug

standards work just fine and are around a tenner a set :)

never had a problem with them.

dom604

Anyone know what plugs are best for this engine? My friend just got his nova redtop setup and the tuner said it needs hotter plugs so is fitting Rs turbo plugs. Any ideas what would be good for an mi16 or shall I just buy standards.

Sorry hijack someone else's thread

welshpug

unless its a highly tuned race engine, standards will do, even then, most will run just fine on standard or alter the heat range.

as I mentioned above, bog standard NGK's for £10-12 are just fine, never had any issues with them.

chipstick

Standard NGKs are about 9 quid a set from halfords on trade if you know anyone with a card

dom604

I got told with me running a ford coilpack I may need the spark plugs with resistors. Any info.

floodys

Re best spark plugs for MI, what NGK Plugs do people use? A brief look mentions BCP7ET and I have got BCPR6ET in the track car, i think it said online about the 7's for non cat and 6's for cat, obv I don't have a cat on the track car!

I've got to change them now but wondered if others get on bette with say Bosch/splitfires etc? It's only a standard MI. cheers

Anthony

NGK's would always be my choice and as you saw it should be BCP7ET for the 160hp non-CAT engine.

Simes

I paid £1.50 each for '7's, I was blown away at the cost!

My Honda ones are £15 and half the size.

andy0075

Last time on the dyno with my XU9J4 race engine (230hp/240Nm) i tryed 3 different types of spark plugs

BOSCH Standard spark plugs für the MI16 engine (do not know the exact number but very cheap)

NGK Iridium ( each spark plug cost about 18 Euro )

NGK Iridium Racing Competition ( each spark plug cost 50 Euro ! )

and guess what.....we have meassured nearly the same power with alle three spark plugs :D :D ( +/- 2hp)

Andi

• Like 1