• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
NickMi

[project] 205 Turbo 8 Valve Build

pablo

aye mine are beige too, as fitted to some RS turbos

dont suppose you have a spare oem fuel rail no?

NickMi

A quick update, I spent a few spare hours and heat wrapped the exhaust downpipe and lockwired all the bolts which are connected to the turbo and wastegate.

This is how it looks

Image022.jpg

Image020.jpg

Image021.jpg

NickMi

p.s I will have look to see if i have a fuel rail Pablo as i may have

Anthony

Looks good so far, and you're certainly making good progress!

What are you planning to do regarding the bonnet out of interest, as the turbo looks to be far higher than the bonnet line in the pictures? The oil feed to the turbo looks to be a good 3-4" higher than where the bonnet would sit, so that's going to be one hell of a bulge you'd need, as surely you can't realistically lift the back of the bonnet up high enough to clear it? ;)

pablo

one other question mate what head gasket are you using? GTI6 one?

NickMi

Hi guys,

The bonnet does fit i just had to mod it alot. It's an auto bonnet which i have removed the complete centre inner frame and it is mounted on four bonnet pins and it's lifted at the back. I was supprised myself how well it fits as i also thought i would have to fit a bigger bulge in the bonnet.

The Head gasket is one from cosmetic pablo

I will update with some more pictures later

Galifrey

Have you got an inline filter for the turbo oil feed?

Worth considering if not.

pablo
The Head gasket is one from cosmetic pablo

Can I ask where you got it from mate?

NickMi

I had a look into what injectors i have exactly today

They are weber iw-158 four nozzle injectors they are 15ohms and flow 384cc per min at 3 bar, i still dont know what they fitted before but i think they should be up to the job.

I will update with more pics soon as i have been busy bolting more goodies on.

I got the head gasket from dp Pablo.

Cheers

NickMi
Have you got an inline filter for the turbo oil feed?

Worth considering if not.

No i have not got one fitted, might look into it cheers

custard-rallye

any update also can you get the mani's made up?

will.m

loving the build so far mate, thinking of doing the 2.0 8v turbo conversion myself soon so i will watch this space :P

NickMi

Hi guys

Have not had time to update for i while.

I have done loads of work to the car and its now rolling on four wheels.

Sadly i have one small problem which is my dta ecu which i was sold is goosed. I sent it off to dta and they said its scrap, i cant afford a new ecu and im stuck with a very high spec turbo motor which does not run so im a bit lost really . To be honest its been getting me down.

Here is a phone picture of how she looks now

Image0015.jpg

Tom Fenton

I am half considering changing my DTA E48 for an Emerald- just because I'm more used to the Emerald software. If its of interest then PM me.

custard-rallye

looks awesome

Daviewonder

Looks really evil, should look awesome when its out and about :) Sorry to hear about your ECU troubles mate :wacko:

NickMi

Hi guys,

Quick update just to say i sat down the other night and took my ecu apart to see if i could fix it myself. A few hours later and the ecu is back on the car and she is up and running!

I found a burnt track on the circuit board but it was hidden underneath a resistor. A quick clean up and a bit of solder and all is well.

I am going to take my camera into work in the morning to take some pics so i can post them up over the weekend.

I might even make a video as it sounds awsome.

P.S thanks Tom for you offer of the ecu, had i not been able to fix mine i would have had it off you

Cheers

kumufkid

Really of the beautiful work!!!

You recupère your oil via you limp with degazage or she(it) leaves(restarts) in the low engine???

NickMi
Really of the beautiful work!!!

You recupère your oil via you limp with degazage or she(it) leaves(restarts) in the low engine???

Je ne comprend pas se que tu veux dire. Ecris le en français

kumufkid

ok :rolleyes:

Donc je te demandais si l'huile qui va dans ta boite de degazage est recyclée en repartant dans le moteur ou si tu vide la boite lorsqu'elle est pleine???

Daviewonder

Have I clicked on 205GTIDrivers.fr by mistake?

NickMi
ok :)

Donc je te demandais si l'huile qui va dans ta boite de degazage est recyclée en repartant dans le moteur ou si tu vide la boite lorsqu'elle est pleine???

The aluminium box does not recycle the oil it just catches the fumes. It is fitted to stop the oil fumes contaminating the inlet air.

The box has to be emptied when full but takes a long time to fill and is easy to empty.

La boite d`aluminium que j`ai mis ne recycle pas l`huile, simplement le vapeur de l`huile se condense. C`est pour aretter la vapeur de l`huile qui contamine l'entrée d'air.

La boite dois être vide quand t'elle est pleine mais ça prend longtemps à se remplir et c'est facile de la vider.

kumufkid
The aluminium box does not recycle the oil it just catches the fumes. It is fitted to stop the oil fumes contaminating the inlet air.

The box has to be emptied when full but takes a long time to fill and is easy to empty.

La boite d`aluminium que j`ai mis ne recycle pas l`huile, simplement le vapeur de l`huile se condense. C`est pour aretter la vapeur de l`huile qui contamine l'entrée d'air.

La boite dois être vide quand t'elle est pleine mais ça prend longtemps à se remplir et c'est facile de la vider.

ok thank you for this explication and sorry for the french... :D

custard-rallye

anything new with this?

NickMi

Hi chaps,

Its been a while but i thought i better update the 205 turbo build.

Ok, i have fitted the rear brakes which are 1.6gti front calipers with 1.9 rear cariers, discs and pads. I also have fitted the AST rear shocks

Image0010.jpg

I have also done some work on the interior. I have fitted a carbon kevlar corbeu drivers seat and a corbeu sprint passenger seat.

Image0013.jpg

Here is a picture of the dash, still some tidying to do!

Image0014.jpg

A picture of how the engine bay is looking, i have driven the car a short distance but it just seems to backfire and blow flames out of the exhaust under load which i will have to look into.

Image0050.jpg

Image0049.jpg