Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Quaife Ma Differentials? Is The Crownwheel Also Supplied?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

jacobs53

jacobs53
  • Veterans
  • 2,183 posts
Just wondered if I order a Quaife MA diff today would it come with the crownwheel? As i believe you can't use the standard crownwheel....

cheers lee

miamistu

miamistu
  • Drivers
  • 1,152 posts
Doesn't come with a crownwheel - Mine's using the one off the standard diff :P

miamistu

miamistu
  • Drivers
  • 1,152 posts
> Edit - just noticed you said ma so that might not be true

stu_woac

stu_woac
  • Drivers
  • 497 posts
no it does not your need to use the one in the box, so I dont know who said that to you

it needs cleaning up then pressing on to the lsd

you can buy them from quife with it fitted tho for alot more money so do ask

Miles

Miles
  • Pitcrew+
  • 11,683 posts
  • Name:Miles
Garage View Garage
Stu's one I fitted needed machining to fit a couple of ball bearings to stop the crownwheel slipping around which I belive they have had a problem with in the past, Not a nice job at all

stu_woac

stu_woac
  • Drivers
  • 497 posts
yes but you didnt moan when seeing the green LOL

I would recommend miles for this job didnt take him long at all and its still going strong, the whole box is and its had a year of hammering then stood up then a hammering etc etc since a week of fitting the gearbox it was on a track for most of the day

p.s. miles can get you the lot if you pm him

jacobs53

jacobs53
  • Veterans
  • 2,183 posts
I only ask because I have found a lsd at univeristy and suspect it to fit a MA box. The diff though excepts a bolted crownwheel not a interference fit type (its definitly not a BE diff as the crownwheel bolt offset is smaller) Im nearly 99% sure its for a MA!

Anyone found one like this before?

cheers lee

Miles

Miles
  • Pitcrew+
  • 11,683 posts
  • Name:Miles
Garage View Garage
Never seen one like that, The other problem is getting th MA boxes apart thank's to shallow torx bolts and thread lock, nice combo

Rob Thomson

Rob Thomson
  • Drivers
  • 1,666 posts

I only ask because I have found a lsd at univeristy and suspect it to fit a MA box. The diff though excepts a bolted crownwheel not a interference fit type (its definitly not a BE diff as the crownwheel bolt offset is smaller) Im nearly 99% sure its for a MA!

Anyone found one like this before?

cheers lee

I've got a Gripper LSD in my 106. I'm 99% sure that's got a bolted crownwheel...