• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
cRaig

Classic Car Restoration Sequence Photos

cRaig

Hi there,

Slightly odd request, but as part of my final project at uni I am designing a series of workshops to accompany a bail house Im designing, the main principle of which could be the formation of a training/workshop/restoration company for (classic) cars.

To illustrate this to the examiners who will know very little about the process of restoring a car, I would like to provide a clear case study of a single car, hypothetically moving through the workshops, moving from trailered in rust bucket, welding, bodywork, paint prep, paint, trim, electrical, assembly, finishd product etc.

Basically I could do with a photo log of a car being restored, ideally a known, familiar monocoque classic known to 'lay' people outside the classic car scene- MG B etc. But Im open to suggestions. Obviously there are several good threads on here, but ideally I would like to avoid using a 205- I dont want to make it appear too personal & obvious, plus the 205 isnt an immediately appreciated classic to the lay person.

Does anyone have a decent blog with finished pics as well? Who wouldnt mind their lovely classic being featured in an academic report? (decent quality, high-res photos are important- ideally not taken in a dark, dusty barn etc)

I would use my Midget/Sprite, but its not quite finished enough :P

Cheers

Craig

Henry Yorke

Arrgghh M@tt!! That is one of those threads that steals an hour+ of your life!

Leet205

Arrgghh M@tt!! That is one of those threads that steals an hour+ of your life!

You might prefer this one Henry - its a E12 M535i done by the same guy.

Edited by Leet205

cRaig

Those are some epic restore threads, thanks! :)