• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

nickaliath

Gti-6 Engine Loom Wiring Guide / Help Information

welshpug

No relays in that pic :unsure:

R5-al

Sorry this one

Below is a picture of some of the various Gti-6 loom connections:

labledloom.jpg

pug_ham

That relay is the double injection relay, fitted to all 306 GTI-6's & various other PSA cars.

g

JoeVTS

what other problems might i get fitting a ph2 VTS engine to a 309 1.3? does the 1.3 loom differ much from the 205/309 GTI loom?

also i suspect the loom on my engine might be a bit chewed up so if i'm sourcing a replacement am i better off sticking with a ph2 VTS loom or would a ph1 VTS or GTI6 loom be better?

another thing is i've got some GTI clocks, do i need to modify the dash loom to fit them?

welshpug

unless you figure how to crack the multiplex issues then you will need a phase1 or a 306 engine loom.

not sure on the 309 1.3 info, best to start a project thread and keep it all in one place, get some pics of where the engine loom connects to the car loom.

you might need to change the engine mounting cradle on the inner wing of the 309.

JoeVTS

you might need to change the engine mounting cradle on the inner wing of the 309.

how would i go about that? it looks about right for the XU.

dcc

You cant just say it looks about right...

Some of the wing mounts are in different locations, I have seen F plate shells with 2 different inner wing mounting points. Its been covered on here too :)

JoeVTS

so how can i find out if it's in the right place? by asking someone with a 309 GTI to measure the distance from the mount to the bulkhead?

p1234

This thread is coming in very useful at the moment.

Many thanks for the time and effort put in.

R5-al

Im wireing thr lambda

There are a few plugs that are not used on the gti-6 engine loom, i will identify them soon and post them up on here.

You will need a 4-wire lambda sensor fitted to the exhaust, if you havent already got one, otherwise the engine will go to a basic limp mode. i purchased a universal 4-wire lambda probe which is a lot cheaper than a OE part.
I will post up what each wire does on the lambda

Im doing my lambda this weekend dose any one no what colour dose what thanks

vader

very helpful...thanks for the effort

R5-al

Can I just add if you are useing a xsara vts engine you have to wire in wire number bb1 comeing from pin 2 on the double pump realy. Was scratching my head for ages. If you dont your idle control valve wont work ;-)

R5-al

Can I just add if you are useing a xsara vts engine you have to wire in wire number bb1 comeing from pin 2 on the double pump realy. Was scratching my head for ages. If you dont your idle control valve wont work ;-)

forgot to say wire it to 12v lol

welshpug

That's kind of common sense really as its one of only two Permanent live feeds to the relay :lol::P

It has nothing directly to do with the ICV wiring, as all 4 wires for it are direct to/from the ecu.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=146933

R5-al

That's kind of common sense really as its one of only two Permanent live feeds to the relay :lol::P

It has nothing directly to do with the ICV wiring, as all 4 wires for it are direct to/from the ecu.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?showtopic=146933

its strange how my icv only had 5v before I connected it and it has 12v dont you think?

R5-al

The fact that all 4 wires from the icv went to the ecu.that was what was confusing us? Just thought I would mention it on this thread as this the one I followed and it wasn't on here.

CosKev

The fact that all 4 wires from the icv went to the ecu.that was what was confusing us? Just thought I would mention it on this thread as this the one I followed and it wasn't on here.

Has been covered on this forum before,as my loom for my 309 did not have this wire connected.

Spiky that converts the looms was un-aware of this wire too,hence mine was not connected.

• Like 1

dobby909

Hi guys,

I'm doing the wiring loom myself, I have labeled up and double checked the 205 end of things, but I cannot seem to find any numbers on the 306 wiring loom! Where abouts are they? On the tips of the wires or further down? I have removed them from the black multiplug without cutting them so any advice would be great

Thanks

dcc

Theyre usually very close to the circular multiplug/ in the resin of the multiplug. You can figure what each one does fairly easily though with a multimeter and some patience.

sale_gti6

I have some wires that is not connected on my ph1 gti 6 loom. 3 green,2 beige,1 yelow,1 red. I would like to connect engine faulty light,but i don't know which wire is... I found that should be beige wire. one of 2 beige wire is for diagnostic plug. Also I found that there are some differences between ph1 and ph2/ph3 wire colors...

Should be engine faulty light on when my oxygen sensor is unpluged? I connect one (negative) beige wire to the dash,and light is on just when is ignition on. After starting engine,light is off,when I unplug oxygen sensor,light is off.... Also,car runs sam with or without oxygen sensor.

Please help,if anyone know something.

welshpug

look for the numbers, failing that, buzz through to see what they connect to, easy.

sale_gti6

look for the numbers, failing that, buzz through to see what they connect to, easy.

numbers are not visible,it should be much easier with wire numbers... :mellow:

welshpug

go by pinout and wiring diagram then.

Anthony

The engine check light is pin 9 on the ECU plug if you want to bell it through with a multimeter.

You'll likely find that you can unplug various sensors without triggering the warning light - bizarre, but that's how that particular ECU is.

• Like 1