• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

bigsheep

Xu9J4 Kent Pt1601 Cams

bigsheep

I have a pair of Kent PT1601 cams to go in my XU9J4

Hoping to get away with not buying verniers, Kent website says 110deg for inlet and exhaust

PeterT in an old post said 110 on inlet and 112 on exhaust.

Does anyone have any experience of these?

Availability of offset woodruff keys? I have 2 off both number 2 and number 4 pulleys

TAG

A standard cam pulley from a DW8 engine can be adapted to fit the XU9J4, and has a moveable centre.

It just needs a spacer behind the pulley. Cheap vernier solution. But it means that the standard outer timing belt cover won't fit without modification.

I made one for mine recently, if you would like the dimensions, I will be able to dig them out for you.

Tom

petert

Sorry, I'm sold out the offset keys. No chance of any more as my friend Owen Wuillemin who made them, passed away. Ideally you want a #3 on the inlet, next choice would be a #4, even though it will advance it a bit further. I wouldn't waste money on verniers for a pair of 1601's.

bigsheep

Thanks Peter, I have blank keys and the ability to machine them, do you have a drawing for a 3 deg key?

petert

Sorry, no. Just substract 1.5 deg from one side and add 1.5 deg to the other!

GilesW

I've got a DW8 pulley for sale if you're interested.