• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
scumbag

Audio Install

scumbag

So got my new Head unit, and also ordered some infinity reference components as they have got really good reviews on the net.

Is is best to have the head unit just turned to the front and disconnect the rears so I dont wreck them, and then just whack a sub in the boot?

Also, where, in your experience is the best place to fit the tweeters?

I am contemplating the bit on the dash at the botton of the pillars?

cybernck

give the ICE articles on our website a glance ;).

Paintguy

On my first 205 I fitted the tweeters on the triangular panel where the mirror mounts, removing the adjuster handles to give me some more room. In my current one, I've fitted them in the A pillar trims. In that position they're as far away from me as possible (a good thing), whilst still being high enough not to drag the sound downwards. They aren't quite at the bottom of the pillars, as I wanted to make sure they were firing over the top of the instrument binnacle.

DSCF0564.sized.jpg

Build Gallery

Your best bet is to wire them up, and using some blu-tack, stick them in various positions and see which sounds best to you :D

scumbag

Those builds look wicked. Maybe one day i'll get my arse into gear and make something as good as that!

scumbag

Also!!! the hoses which the speaker wires run through from door to car, how can I get to them to thread new speaker wires through? And where have you got your crossovers?

Paintguy

The car side of those 'tubes' is accessed by taking off the plastic trim in the kickwells. It comes into the car, then runs upwards for a bit, so that any water would drain into the door. Get the trim off and stick your hand up, and you should find it :D

The door side can just be reached with the speaker out, but it's easier if you take the door card off.

My system runs active, so it has a single crossover before the amps, and each speaker gets its own amplifier channel (7 in total). For a regular passive crossover (that fits after the amps or headunit) you can put them anywhere you want really. There's plenty of space to tuck them behind the dash or glovebox. You could even put them in the doors if you want, but just make sure you cover them with something waterproof (like a plastic bag) as they wont like getting wet.

My boot looks like this at the minute, but I'm on the lookout for some more powerful matching amps:

DSCF0602.sized.jpg

Bigger Picture

Front, left to right - Sub amp, crossover, equaliser/crossover.

6 channel amp for front speakers is the big red thing at the back, with 0 gauge power distribution blocks next to it, and pride of place goes to my Image Dynamics IDQ10 sub :D

scumbag

Ideal, Many thanks. i was considering whacking them in the little stash hole on drivers side on lower dash, but may just hide them up behind the dash somewhere.

thanks!

cybernck

paintguy> luckily your boot is waterproof :).

Paintguy
paintguy> luckily your boot is waterproof :).

lol :wub:

If you look through the gallery, you'll see it's all raised up off the floor on some waterproofed MDF, just in case ;)

Billy_boy

hmm thats a good idea, nice set up you got there by the way :o

Sign in to follow this