• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Juttie205

[Car_Restoration] Dimma Restoration

GLPoomobile

So was the project always just about the enjoyment of the build process? Or is selling up a change of your plans?

DBG

That'd be sad to let it go mate, especially after all that work!

Best of luck with the decision. Would love to see some more pics before you sell.

Cheers

Ben

Juttie205

I have enjoyed the build i think more than owning it and am happy at moment as im sorting bits out on it but once its done probably will get used very little if at all. So a change of direction in what i want and thats a car i can avuse and do the odd trackday.

Andy

That is the only downside of a rebuild to better than new standard. One is then a bit reluctant to use the finished item because it is very difficult to do so regularly and keep the car in immaculate condition, so I can see the attraction of investing in something that is interesting but more useable like a Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Lancer ( EVO 6!!!!)

Anyway, the best of luck with the sale. I hope you get a reasonable return on your investment of time and cash, as you have a beautiful car for sale

• Like 1

jord294

That is the only downside of a rebuild to better than new standard. One is then a bit reluctant to use the finished item because it is very difficult to do so regularly and keep the car in immaculate condition

Exactly how I felt after restoring my phase 1 309 gti.

Still keep in contact with the owner now, and chuffed that for 2nd year running the car has won a prize at Pugfest

Juttie205

Now taking time to get all jobs finished on it so im happy with it the taking it to few shows then will make a decision what im doing.