• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

arwel

[rally_prep] Road Rally 205 Gti

rallyjonesy205

driving the lanes are great fun. nice thread brings back what i did with mine. well until i bent subframe on welshpool event cant remember name now. decided to rebuild engine and go full stage car.

gonna try and do some events with family back up in north wales in one of there cars. keep it up best fun ever and cheap.

arwel
driving the lanes are great fun. nice thread brings back what i did with mine. well until i bent subframe on welshpool event cant remember name now. decided to rebuild engine and go full stage car.

gonna try and do some events with family back up in north wales in one of there cars. keep it up best fun ever and cheap.

We've only done 2 events so far, 3rd one coming up in February now. Its good fun fiar play.. some of the "white" roads are really rough though but the rest of the lanes around where I'm from are brilliant.

Hopefully get the car logbooked at some point to do some single venue events. :)

arwel

Day off yesterday so we decided to change the oil and filter and fit the new rear valance. Few more things to sort out before the next event in february but it should be fine.

ebay2011secondsale001.jpg

ebay2011secondsale002.jpg

205wrc

Which event are you doing in February then??

arwel
Which event are you doing in February then??

We're doing the Bro Preseli run by Teifi Vally Motor Club. From what people have told us about it, it's a really nice no nonsense event so were both looking forward to it. :o

Edited by arwel

205wrc

Yep.......good choice :P But then I would say that as I've been a member of TVMC for the last 14 years. I've done the Preseli four times as a driver, best result being 4th overall. You'll enjoy it. This year is all tarmac and all on map 157 - St Davids.

arwel
Yep.......good choice :P But then I would say that as I've been a member of TVMC for the last 14 years. I've done the Preseli four times as a driver, best result being 4th overall. You'll enjoy it. This year is all tarmac and all on map 157 - St Davids.

Ah tidy. We're getting ready for it already. The chunkies have been taken off to save them for rougher events and its back on the 15"s now with road tyres. Used them on the Pinged Hill in August last year and they coped well, even with the " jungle" so all Tarmac will be a nice change. :P

Need to fit a potty plug now as th cigarette ligher has had enough then after that it'll be ready to go on the 12th of Feb.

4th overall. Thats a good effort fair play. :P

205wrc

I don't usually drive. I prefer the silly seat :P

tdr_1976
driving the lanes are great fun. nice thread brings back what i did with mine. well until i bent subframe on welshpool event cant remember name now.

Would that have been the Breidden Rally?

205wrc
Would that have been the Breidden Rally?

Or the Border 100. Both cracking events :(

205wrc
We're doing the Bro Preseli run by Teifi Vally Motor Club. From what people have told us about it, it's a really nice no nonsense event so were both looking forward to it. :lol:

5 sleeps to go.......car ready yet??

arwel

Car is ready. Washers have had a new section of loom so they work fine now and no risk of the wire breaking anymore. A potti plug has been added instead of using the cigarette lighter and a new plug on the pottie itself.

Only thing left to do is to fit and adjust the spots adjust the rear valence so its level and then give it a wash so its nice and clean for scruteneering. Bring it on. B)

matt.f

Good luck mate.

God i need to get mine sorted so I can compete lol

arwel

Well it was a mixed night. We were on the ball all night. Dropped very little time and picked up no fails then the engine died at a control and it was game over. Worst thing is that at that point it looks like we were leading class 2 or at least in the top 3. I was gutted and so was the mrs. Everything was perfect untill the car gave up.

Our mate towed us home and had a look over the car this morning and seems to think that due to a low idle speed and extra load on the battery ( spots, main beam, rad fan, blowers etc..) that it dropped the voltage of the battery below the point of being able to re start the car. I couldnt bump start it last night either due to not being able to move the car out as there were other cars coming into the control and by the time it was clear we were OTL and it was game over. :ph34r:

matt.f

Gutted for you mate,hope you get it sorted

arwel
Gutted for you mate,hope you get it sorted

I couldnt believe it to be honest. It is running again now. Going to adjust the idle speed by 200 rpm or so and tidy up a few other connections and fingers crossed that will put an end to any future problems.

A few bits and bobs to do body work wise. Hit a fence with its rear and cracked the rear lens and pulled the valence off its mounts and re adjust the front bumper after nudging a bank aswell. :(

matt.f

Lol.

Mines set at about 1200rpm,any less with the rally cam and it stalls.

When's the next event?

arwel
Lol.

Mines set at about 1200rpm,any less with the rally cam and it stalls.

When's the next event?

1200rpm warm 2500rpm when cold is it? ;)

Not sure on the next event yet. Im co driving on the Talbenny in april so need to sort a helmet and suit, plus we're thinking of getting it logbooked so it needs new seats, plumbed in, cut off, fuel sampler valve, window film and mud flaps.

We'll have to wait and see though. MOT due a week today though but have nt had it back from my mate yet though.

arwel

Little update. Pugsley is now running fine. Failed its MOT on a hole in the sill. £30 later and no more hole it sailed through the re test. Our plan of not doing another road rally untill summer went down the pan as we've thrown an entry in for Gwendraeth Valley Motor Club's Welsh Dragon Tyre's Road Rally. As it's pretty close to us and with the dissapointment of the last rally we decided to have another go sooner rather than later. So fingers crossed we get a run and hopefully get a finish from this one. :D

arwel

Competed on the Welsh Dragon Tyres road rally last night run by Gwendraeth Valley Motor Club. Very interesting night, tricky technical first half which I felt didnt really go that well especially when i cut a 90 left and put the car on 2 wheels and nearly put it on its roof. Got awat with it but not without causing damage to the front valance and bending the wing, oh dear.

Second half was much more fast flowing roads which I like and went really well. A few rough whites along the way and very slippy but added to the fun. :lol:

Ended the night 4th in class and 19th Overall and picked up a pot for mixed crew. Not bad for only our 4th rally. We now have a fair bit of work to do now to straighten it out but we're not planning on doing another night event untill July now.

Here are some before and after pics.

Before

ebay2011sale100311009.jpg

After

ebay2011sale100311010.jpg

matt.f

Well done mate.Bit of superficial damage,sure you will have it repaired in no time.

tdr_1976

Nice one mate, good result!

I must say I'm surprised that the Scruitineer let you finish with that kind of damage, especially the way they are with damage limitations these days!

arwel

The Pug is now inside the garage and is awaiting repair. Make a start on it this evening and see whats what. Hopefully the valance should go back on but at the moment Im not holding out much hope for the wing. Cant see it in the pic but its creased, bent outwards and then bends back in so it may be to far gone. Good news is that I can get hold of one no problem so we'll see.

The scruitineers were good on saturday fair play. Very understanding. :ph34r:

tdr_1976

The Pug is now inside the garage and is awaiting repair. Make a start on it this evening and see whats what. Hopefully the valance should go back on but at the moment Im not holding out much hope for the wing. Cant see it in the pic but its creased, bent outwards and then bends back in so it may be to far gone. Good news is that I can get hold of one no problem so we'll see.

The scruitineers were good on saturday fair play. Very understanding. :ph34r:

The one who does all the stuff in my neck of the woods is a proper tool!

They should be more understanding, as we pay good money to compete!

Glad you've got the bits to sort the car out, keep up the good work!