• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zacky-94

[Rally_Prep] 205 Yellow Uk Rallye Road Rally Project

Zacky-94

Have just brought a yellow 205 UK rallye with the intention to road rally it with abit of luck!

Im getting the car home in a few weeks.

As the car stands its abit rough on the outside but is solid underneath and quite clean to be honest

There is no engine inside at the moment but one comes with it

not to sure if this is going to run tho as its been stood out in the elements for the best part of 12 months so im not holding my breath with it.

I have a safety devices cage 2 buckets and harness's , have 306 Dturbo front calipers ,brand new disks and pads , brand new bottom arms , new track rod ends 2 brand new driveshafts , 2 new rear axle bushes , bilstein B6 dampers on the rear and B4's on the front , head lights new clear indicators ive basicly droped the subframe out of my other car ready to bolt on when it comes

I have a donor car so parts shouldnt be a problem , ive also got some new fuel pipe to go through the car and brake pipe also just need a sump amd tank gaurd and a few other bits really , just needs building up on the front end and a few bits tidying up and will be good to go!

I will post a few pictures when the car arrives at the moment im just taking the good bits off my other car ready

MiniGibbo

Sounds good, look forward to seeing some photos.

• Like 1

Zacky-94

Bolted the subframe off my other car on it today with all the new arms etc to get it rolling ready for it to be trailed to my house at the weekend glad its coming home sooner ready to get some much needed TLC!

Managed to source some front bilstein coilovers too , one needs an insert but that shouldnt be a problem to sort not sure on the model of them yet tho

Also had a look at the engine and i dont think its as bad as i expected to be honest it turns over and feels like it has decent compresion comes with 2 xs twin choke carbs too witch is a bonus

Think i will just drop this engine in and give it a go see what happends fingers crossed!

Zacky-94

The donor car a white 5 door gl ive had since i was 16 , in quite good condition in all fairness met the wrong end of an audi tho! Haha

post-22865-0-92528200-1364933899_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-35042300-1364933912_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zacky-94

Zacky-94

And the rallye its self looking sorry for its self!

post-22865-0-77812200-1364933963_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-93758400-1364933991_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Few of the new bits and bobs ive aquired over the last cuple of weeks , bottom arms are missing out the pictures tho

post-22865-0-51123700-1364934058_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-58786700-1364934083_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Thats about it for a few more days till it comes home then will be alot more pictures and hopefuly be looking abit better lol!

Zacky-94

Car is being trailerd to my house tomorrow afternoon and the work will commence

the plan is to get the engine in and hear it run , depending what pops up tho!

More updates tomorrow and a few pictures

MiniGibbo

Awesome, best of luck..!

• Like 2

Zacky-94

Well the car arrived at 11 this morning and its been a long day! Got an engine in it and running , all the front end built and all new fluids and tidyed a few bits up

I had to put the 1100 in it for the time being till i build a better engine preferabley an alloy one!

Been a good 10 hour day on it today fueled by my nans home made soup and coffee haha

Another day on it tomorrow then its going to work for an MOT all thats leaft to do is tidy it up a little and bleed the brakes and set carb up somewhere near before it goes on the 4 gas analyser to be set up properly and tidy up some wireing here and there and i bet you guessed it half of its a complete bodge suprised it didnt set on fire haha!

im quite happy with the progress today to be honest has come together quite quick!

Few pictures

post-22865-0-09025400-1365283663_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-84890800-1365283674_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-64637400-1365283685_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-35590700-1365283713_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Thats as far as ive got today will be more tomorrow!

post-22865-0-35353500-1365285078_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-68389300-1365285088.jpg

post-22865-0-85288000-1365285167_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

allye

Fair play Zack! That's a lot of work in a day, You've got the super rare spoiler on that too, keep hold of it if its a Gutmann item, don't sell it like I did.

• Like 1

Zacky-94

Cheers mate , The best part was the engine crane thought it would pack in so me and my mate had to lift the engine in! Haha , havnt done too bad to be honest , yes i was after one for a very long time and then i saw it on the boot and thought bonus! I wont be selling it defiantly not!

kee

zack, got an XS engine minus sump, ancillaries and inlet/exhaust stuff, interested?

perfect for rebuild with carbs and 4 branch :D

Zacky-94

Today didnt go to bad either to be honest , bled the brakes up and sorted the running of the car out better

Ive put the twin choke solex off the 1400 on it and it was very spluttery when the second choke opened trying to find a mixture screw but couldnt any idea's? S

Swaped the 1400 dizzy over and it ran a hell of alot better got the ignition timing somewhere near and it wasnt to bad after that slight splutter at around 2 grand but it goes and then pulls quite well to be honest for a little 1100

Sorted alot of the wirring out too what a bodge! Riped it all out that goes to the switch panel and going to re do it all when i get a timer, spots etc.

Give it a good polish and it didnt come up to bad apart from the passenger side door and lower quarter are flat as hell due to being painted very poorly so that needs sorting too not amazingly fussed tho as it will get some abuse road rallying ,

Just need a cuple of front tyres i recon for the Mot and then start getting a few bits and pieces ready for the first event sump gaurd is defiantly needed aswell as tank

Get it to work either in the week or next to sort a few bits out just niggley bits to be fair

Few pictures

post-22865-0-71280700-1365368804_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-65366700-1365368815_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-73200300-1365368826_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-86671400-1365368837_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Thats about all for today not coming along too bad to be honest

post-22865-0-27048000-1365368940_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-94812700-1365368950_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

zack, got an XS engine minus sump, ancillaries and inlet/exhaust stuff, interested?

perfect for rebuild with carbs and 4 branch :D

I think im going to stick with what ive got for now untill its mot'ed and on the road and the bank acounts looking healthyer but cheers anyway bud will keep it in mind :)

Lowercase

that ol' gal needs t cut :P

good work though, done a lot in a small amount of time mate!

• Like 1

Zacky-94

I've cut it back with some G3 but its still not amazing to be honest going to give it a good mop when I get it too work!

needs abit of paint on the passenger side but be alright for now ,cheers mate I've been trying! In for MOT in 2 days fingers crossed! Sort a few niggley bits out tonight should pass in all fairness I hope haha!

:P

MiniGibbo

Well that was quick haha

• Like 1

Zacky-94

Ive got a fair bit todo still! Most of its sorting wiring to be fair tho want to swap the back bumper too for the other black one to make it look abit tidyer ,

will get some pics up of underneith wednesday when i get it on the ramp

seat needs a spot of weld too ,

still plenty to keep me occupied yet then its just preping it for some events really!

Zacky-94

Not alot's gone on tonight to be honest just wired up a twin tone horn , fixed the dash up properly and sorted all the wiring out to the switch panel , fixed the front number plate on, got all the lights working and a few other bits and bobs

Need to sort some tyres out tomorrow and get them on probs just take the peper pots off the other one for now then hopefuly it will have a ticket!

Zacky-94

Its at work now ready for mot will be an update in the next few hours to see how it gets on

Fingers crossed!

Zacky-94

Well she flew through the MOT no advisories either , only thing the tester said was that the n/s front strut is slightly bent but ive got a set of bilstien coilovers to go on so thats no issue at all glad i put my other subframe in now by the looks of that shock! Haha, and also said it hadnt been MOT'd since 2006!

12 months ticket out the way , some tax and insurance at the end of the month and will be out to play ,

Next on the wish list is a set of spots , mud flaps and brackets , an insert for one of my coilovers , and some sump and tank gaurds and will be ready for the lanes!

Sorted a set of decals out too , want to mop it and paint a few bits here and there but all in good time lots of niggley bits to sort too so its not over yet!

Will out a few up of it on the ramp etc shortly!