• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zacky-94

[Rally_Prep] 205 Yellow Uk Rallye Road Rally Project

Zacky-94

Had a few more days tidying things up like the switch panel, bit more wiring , put a stero and one speaker in , few bits of trim have gone in , , put a diffrent lock set in both doors as one was missing and wasnt having 3 keys! Haa ,

have gave it a good clean inside too about it really at the moment

Found some competition insurace too witch isnt ridiculously priced witch as you would imagine being 19 and having no no claims its quite rare!! Will be insured 2 weeks today and then hopefuly have a set of coilovers on it and start making the sump and tank gaurds when it goes to work again!

Going to start rubbing the steels down ready for a lick of paint and 4 new tyres too over the next week or so

Picture of the switch panel

Not finished yet needs squaring up abit but you get the picture

post-22865-0-22188900-1365802198_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Got the 1360 engine back to mine yesterday got it on the stand and started to strip it down to see what the internals were like

Suprisingly its in very good nick! Witch makes me wonder if i should build with this cast block to be honest having abit more strenth than an alloy one

And too my suprise when the head came off it doesnt have wet liners! I was expecting to see them to be honest haha!

Plan is to clean this block up and paint it also and sort out whats going in side it i need to do some meausrements and some other calculations before i decide what the plan is yet will keep updated wont be in any rush with this engine yet just another project on the go

Few pictures

post-22865-0-73238400-1366307413_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-26322800-1366307429_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Thats about it for another few days waiting for pay day now to insure and tax it and will be a few more updates on the tracking and some other bits :)

post-22865-0-27170600-1366307575_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Got pulled off my engine tonight to rescue the mothers car no drive what so ever (suspected clutch failure) took the box out and found this , shes turned the friction plate into a ball of string! Hahaha! Quality never seen one that bad before!

post-22865-0-40110700-1366321887_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Not alots been going on recently just ringing round some insurance companies and looking for some other bits found some genuine 13" rallye steels imaculate condition and toyo proxie tyres witch im tempted to snap up the ones on it are 14" currently not sure yet tho

Pick the coilovers up satday so they will go straight on and higher the front up abit

And hopfuly be taxed and insured,

Gave it another clean yesterday cuple more pictures

post-22865-0-91688200-1366919241_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-22727200-1366919256_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-37245800-1366919270_thumb.jpg

MiniGibbo

Car looks good, really like the bonnet catches for some reason haha

Zacky-94

Cheers mate its getting there slowly , Yeah the catches just gives it that 'rally slag' look! Haha

Zacky-94

Got the car insured this morning off to tax it very shortly , then going to pick up the coilovers and chucking them on inthe afternoon ,

Will put a few pictures up when there on!

Zacky-94

Well things took a turn for the worse this weekend managed to roll the car like a tw@t and lost my licence

so now the car needs a fair bit of work new wing bumper passenger side door , new subfram hubs shockers bottom arms probs a steering rack etc. and some paint! , on a good note tho tonight ive droped a 1600 8v VTR engine in it and thats going to be the project for a while and to get it road worthy again to keep me occupied

and then it looks like i will be navigating for a while and my friend said he would drive witch is fine untill i get my licence back so not all gone completly tits up but yes im in a pritty deep hole of sh*t at the moment!

Will get some pictures up tomorrow of the damage and of the engine etc.

MiniGibbo

Gutted lad... At least you're looking on the bright side..!

• Like 1

Zacky-94

Gutted lad... At least you're looking on the bright side..!

Devastated to be fair one of those things init my own fault ! atleast it was only me who got injured and no one else all im glad of isvthe roll cage or i may not be here now

allye

We have all been there Zack, whats done is done and you are already looking forward which is good and exactly what I did......

IMG_20120315_125038.jpg

IMG_20120315_125122.jpg

Lowercase

bad times. have you thought about reshelling it? might be a cheaper option, even with paint.

then at least you know the shell isnt on the wonk.

Zacky-94

We have all been there Zack, whats done is done and you are already looking forward which is good and exactly what I did......

IMG_20120315_125038.jpg

IMG_20120315_125122.jpg

bad times. have you thought about reshelling it? might be a cheaper option, even with paint.

then at least you know the shell isnt on the wonk.

Yeah no point dwelling on the past now ,

Im going to try and sort it out first and see how it goes to be honest i think its fixable ive done most the work now just need to weld the iner wing up and put a wing on and the door and i have the rest of the bits to fix it i think if i didnt have the spares id probs scrap it

Will get some pictures up later on to show the damage

welshpug

How did you manage that, and lose your licence?!

Zacky-94

How did you manage that, and lose your licence?!

Well was having a few beers with friends ended up falling out with all of them and tryed driving , hit a curb lost control hit a parked car and rolled mine , quite bad head injuries and got nicked leaft the scene of an RTC and blew 103 or somthing like that on the breathalyser cant rember a thing , how to ruin youre life at 19 !! doctor told me i need counciling for anger problems and problems ive had in the past ha ,

complete idiot basicly got what i deserved!

Time to turn over a new leaf i think

Lowercase

muppet.

but at least your fixing the old thing and have learnt your lesson.

interested to see the pics now mate!

• Like 1

Alan77

Well was having a few beers with friends ended up falling out with all of them and tryed driving , hit a curb lost control hit a parked car and rolled mine , quite bad head injuries and got nicked leaft the scene of an RTC and blew 103 or somthing like that on the breathalyser cant rember a thing , how to ruin youre life at 19 !! doctor told me i need counciling for anger problems and problems ive had in the past ha ,

complete idiot basicly got what i deserved!

Time to turn over a new leaf i think

Im glad it was only you involved and you didn't wreck the life / lives of innocent people.

Zero sympathy from me.

• Like 1

Zacky-94

Shes fixable at least!

post-22865-0-26070600-1367347542_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-26109900-1367347554_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-58723700-1367347572_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-75905400-1367347588_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Im glad it was only you involved and you didn't wreck the life / lives of innocent people.

Zero sympathy from me.

Exactly , im not expecting any off nobody i got what i deserved , and it wont be happening again thats a fact

Zacky-94

muppet.

but at least your fixing the old thing and have learnt your lesson.

interested to see the pics now mate!

Muppets an under statment!

Learnt my lesson defiantly

Well i'll try my best and see what happens not writing it off just yet

chipstick

You genuinely do sound like you understand your punishment and agree it's probably going to do you a favour - so that at least should be appreciated if nothing else.

Keen to see how the repairs unfold.

• Like 1

Anthony

on a good note tho tonight ive droped a 1600 8v VTR engine in it and thats going to be the project for a while and to get it road worthy again to keep me occupied

If you're young and going to have a drink driving conviction to declare, is it a good idea to further modify the car when one suspects that insurance is already going to be problematic and costly enough as it is?