• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Zacky-94

[Rally_Prep] 205 Yellow Uk Rallye Road Rally Project

Zacky-94

If you're young and going to have a drink driving conviction to declare, is it a good idea to further modify the car when one suspects that insurance is already going to be problematic and costly enough as it is?

To be honest i dont think i will insure this car again for a long time with the modifications it has already so i think its going to have to be a hillclimb project from now on and have to be on a trailer to events etc witch at least is still possible ,

and sort out a completely standard car for the road witch obviously im in no rush to find at this present time

Just have to keep my head down and sort my head out really

Zacky-94

Got another subframe , steering rack , new bottom arms , new track rod ends , new shockers , new anit toll bar and worked out abit of wiring just waiting on a welder to be deliverd and an unlocked ecu also a crank sensor

post-22865-0-33707200-1367437764_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-00663200-1367437780_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-84100200-1367437793_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Its quite straight now on the front end suprisingly seem as tho the off side front wheel was right bac in the arch and near side front wheel was right into the bumper quite pleased with it to be honest now just to take the box out and replace the release bearing witch i forgot to put in doh! And weld it up and put a wing , bonnet , off side head light , nearside door and glass , wire the engine in and a few other bits plenty to do yet

post-22865-0-52736100-1367437881_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Just been having a look at my white 205 and it looks as tho i have everything i need to sort the body work apart from a door so shouldn't be too long now ,

Better attack it with the grinder tomorrow!

Will put some pictures up of the progress tomorrow!

Zacky-94

Got a little done this evening , spot welded the inner wing in and offerd up the outter wing and its all some where near straight knew it wouldnt be perfect but its not to bad door to wing gaps abit big but it might have to do for now , going to have another look in the morning to see if i can sort it

Cuple pictures

post-22865-0-89391000-1367620071_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-15020500-1367620090_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-08646300-1367620111_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Done abit more recently got a passenger side door on , made the front end abit stiffer to get rid of the omp strut brace , car looks like a rainbow currently looks a right mess ,

Also completely striped the interior so only the upper dash , drivers seat is remaining the rest is gone ready for hill climbing

Got a set of carbs on the way for the 1600 motor, managed to get a spark by fitting the 1400 dizzie etc so no wire cutting to worry about whole loom is staying the same

Its a whole car again almost now just got to build the front end back up tonight , fair bit of welding to do still yet and some tidying up but getting there slowly!

post-22865-0-72573700-1368001728_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-95537100-1368001743_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-72603900-1368001754_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-53560000-1368001780_thumb.jpg

MiniGibbo

Coming along quick this..!

• Like 1

Zacky-94

Coming along quick this..!

Got plenty to do mate!

keeps me out of trouble haha

Zacky-94

Got it somewhere near road worthy and Had it on the road a few days now comes off tomorrow ready for the work to begin , been having abit of a laugh in it really down gravel tracks and off road

, managed to get it stuck last night down a muddy/sludgey lane was about a foot deep with a rock jamed under the subframe and had to leave it over night but managed to get it out this morning after a lot of sh*ts and fu*ks haha ,

Also managed to get soaked driving through a puddle little hole at the bottom of the bulk head by the pedals where the rear brake pipe comes through

water came flying through the hole and covered me and the passenger haha! so that needs sorting

And the R6 carbs have finaly arrived so can get a manifold sorted and chuck them on when it comes off the road

Lowercase

would it kill you to take the extra 30 seconds to rotate your bloody pictures?

feel like a right retard having to angle my head every time theres a picture lol

• Like 1

Zacky-94

would it kill you to take the extra 30 seconds to rotate your bloody pictures?

feel like a right retard having to angle my head every time theres a picture lol

Iritating init! My ipad just posts them how ever it wants proper anoying! Lol

Will try and sort it for future pictures haha

Zacky-94

Well i had a good think about the car and what i wanted to do with it , the shell isnt exactly mint by no means so i was wondering what i could do with it and ive always wanted to do a 'crazy' project that i could say i'd built and to better my fabricating skil a learning curve if you like so the thoughts began to flow and i was looking for inspiration

had a good look at the rallye and the 5 door and then i thought how about a mid engined RWD project took a load of measurements and figured it would be a nice project to keep me busy and alot of fun to drive when it was complete

So the work began

Got the floor out of the rallye and the front end off the white one and offered it up in the boot of the rallye quite a tight fit but it fits!

Spot welded in so it can be easily corrected if i find a problem etc.

quite happy with the progress over the last few days to be honest starting to take shape At least

Then a subframe was put in and the wheels etc on to see how square the wheels were in the arches and they weren't to bad at all to be fair thats about as far as ive got so far

Amazing amount of work to do but its a start!

Just looking forward to the gear linkages haha!

Will keep the updates coming with my progress

post-22865-0-60100900-1368909668_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-03433900-1368909768_thumb.jpg

Lowercase

bloody hell, you dont hang about.

Zacky-94

Did abit more last night offerd the engine up to make sure it all fits

Fits in quite well still have to adjust the near side turret slightly to get it right then its being seam welded and strenthed

Making some progress :)

Few pictures with the engine offered up

post-22865-0-18481300-1369044914_thumb.jpg

post-22865-0-01674700-1369045054_thumb.jpg

Zacky-94

Not alot has been going on with the rallye recently to be fair

made a make shift manifold for the carbs but im not happy with it so that needs some modification and managed to rig up a throttle cable and a cuple of other bits like remoing the front engine etc

Not a great deal to be honest most of my time is being put into my TVR major rebuild on at the moment basicly nut and bolt due to the amount of seized bolts ive been finding

Lol gotta love british sports cars !

post-22865-0-59328700-1370815238_thumb.jpg

Cheeky one of the Tvr

post-22865-0-77862400-1370815115_thumb.jpg

Edited by Zacky-94

calvinhorse

Well that a lesson in how to not mess about! Fair play! Keep the updates coming!

Zacky-94

Well that a lesson in how to not mess about! Fair play! Keep the updates coming!

Cheers mate , ive been trying

quite difficult to get things done on an eprentice wage haha!

Robbiedundy

Haha, looked like the inbetweeners car for a second with the red door. Respect for what you're doing with it now ^_^ Any updates?

Zacky-94

To be fair I haven't touched the rallye for a long time ,just been sat there looking sorry for its self

I've been after another rallye shell for a while to reshell it after regretting choping it up like a tit but it won't be scraped!

and luck would have it a friend may be selling his white rallye shell so fingers crossed!

its a very straight shell for a car of the age paintwork is flawless not a dent or scratch to be found

Will keep the updates coming now the winter is over!

welshpug

any old three door base model shell will do.

Zacky-94

That was the original plan lol