• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
eddy_gti6

[Trackday_Prep] 205 8V Turbo Track Toy

eddy_gti6

Half hour down the A1 from me. Should have engine in and down on all 4 wheels in the next couple of weeks

eddy_gti6
Not had a lot of spare time over the last week or so to get anything done, Managed to prime my slam panel and see where i was going to mount the oil cooler.

20131122_080907_zps096aaa38.jpg

Had plenty of time to crack on today tho. Got a 306 HDI box nice and cheap yesterday so painted it up and put that onto the engine as my 1.9 gti box has the lift up reverse sized in up bit sized into the box and i cant get it out.

GAZ GHA coilovers arrived through the week along with a single wiper what will both get fitted through the week when i get my hubs back from having new bearings fitted.

20131124_132743_zps1418d158.jpg

20131123_155536_zpsa93bb6e1.jpg

Today i got the engine back in and started tidying the interior a little too. Things are actually coming together now :D Just waiting on a R5 Turbo rad coming now from rallyeash :thumbsup

20131124_155749_zps66097fbc.jpg

20131124_160057_zps00625b89.jpg

20131124_161619_zpsbe4efa92.jpg

• Like 1

eddy_gti6
Had about half hour after work today before it got dark! fed my brake lines through the car to the hydraulic handbrake and cut a couple carbon bits too. Removed the mirrors and mad up some blanks ready for some F1 style mirrors and some vent blanks for the dash. No time to do anything with these cold dark nights :(*

20131125_163109_zps758b2cc0.jpg

20131125_173539_zpsb20361b6.jpg

• Like 1

Daviewonder

Nice project, it's coming along nicely.

What throttle body is that next to the S16 one, is it the 2.0 turbo one?

eddy_gti6

Yes mate. Standard 8v turbo throttle body mate

td_dan

Looks like a very good build mate also been watching it on the 6 forum lol, just wandered where did you get the stainless braided brake hoses from? Did you but them made up or did you make them yourself?

eddy_gti6

Thanks mate I had them made up a year or so back for my old gti6 track car but never used them, only just took them oit the packet now.

td_dan

Lol any chance you can remember where they were done

eddy_gti6

No idea mate was ages ago now haha sorry

td_dan

No probs thanks anywsy and keep the updates coming :)

eddy_gti6

They uave exact lables 9n them if that helps?

Just waiting on rad and single wiper coming and hoping to get a set of bucket seats bought this week, stuck betweek cobra imola S seats and sparco evo's

welshpug

probably got stung by swampy for them then :lol: Kam racing do them if anyone is after some.

eddy_gti6

No dont think i got these ones off swampy. bought some a while back off him for my saxo and took him about 3 month to get them out to me and never replied to my messages till i got him banned from saxp! haha. I just googled custom braided brake lines and found someone on there. They were still expensive like but never mind, that was a long time ago haha.

eddy_gti6
Not alot going on at the minute. Not realy got any time and when i do i just cant be bothered! Got my hbs back with new bearings fitted, GAZ GHA coilovers and 206 GTi brakes ready to all go back on the car when i get some spare time then i can drop the car back down on all 4 wheels.

Brakes wont be staying, there just on till i find something else.

20131203_132409_zps8e27f740.jpg

eddy_gti6

Auto bonnet turned up today and I made a list of whats left to day and it just seems never ending :(

Got offered a 205 gti6 today so tempted to sell all my bits off this and buy the gti6 205??? Decisions?

Daniel306

Keep the 8v, mine made 265hp and 310nm at the wheels that was with a Gt25 turbo and 440cc injectors, it now has a Gt2871R and 660cc injectors, should see +350hp

eddy_gti6

Few bits still to do:

Dash loom, chassis loom,

Exhaust,

Shafts,

Headlight adjusters,

Wing,

Wipers,

Seats,

Respray,

Remap, fuel tank, pump and lines.

All adds up. I was hoping to be done for feb but not looking like its going to be anywhere near that.

I was hoping for around 250bhp with my setup

Daniel306

Should fit a late model 1.6 cam, they have better profiles for a turbo engine

eddy_gti6

I have the 1.9 gti cam in for the time being. Whats the difference on the 1.6 cam?

Daniel306

The 1.9 cam has got too much overlap for a force induction engine, it just blows the boost straight out of the exhaust. the later 1.6 is the best for it without spending a fortune getting a high lift with the correct profiles for a turbo

eddy_gti6

Ah I see. I read there was a little overlap but nothing that would effect the performance. So tempted into the gti6 205 tho as I can sell most of my parts to pay for it and its there ready to go. Any more power needed then I could charge it. Got a few pics I will get up.

Wod

HI mate, how did the td04 go on the manifold?

Cheers

aarontrophy

I would like to see how the manifold was designed

• Like 1