• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
col16vt

Best Place To Get A 8p Weber Marelli Ecu Mapped

col16vt

basically i need to get one of these remapped can anyone on here do it?it has the removable chip so i need to know if they can burn chips for it?

thanks in advance

allanallen

not sure if they can be re-mapped but if they can you'll be wanting chipwizards

col16vt

yeah i know about him wayne is'nt it?is he on here?was hoping to find someone in south wales.

col16vt

thanks for the reply anyway mate

Richie-Van-GTi

They can be remapped yes, a guy near me does it, called automark in stokesly. Very well respected and has a massive waiting list.

Edited by Richie-Van-GTi

col16vt

nice one for that ill give him a try as well.

allanallen

waynes not on here as far as i know. He really knows his eggs though

col16vt

yeah ive heard lots of good things about him think ill have to drop him an email

pug_ham

The MM8P system can definately be remapped, TT205 had his hillclimb 8v on TB's mapped by Wayne when he fitted this system to his car & I'm just about finished doing an MM8P loom for my next little project which will be going to him once its up & running.

Graham.

col16vt

yeah i know they can be mapped was justtrying to find some one local to do it has yours got the removable chip?

pug_ham
has yours got the removable chip?

The main chip in the ecu is removable yes, they have to be for Wayne to be able to remap your car & burn a new one because his lead plugs into the chip recepticle on the ecu pcb.

Graham.

allanallen
The main chip in the ecu is removable yes, they have to be for Wayne to be able to remap your car & burn a new one because his lead plugs into the chip recepticle on the ecu pcb.

Graham.

on gti6 ecu he un-solders the original chip and solders in a 'chip recepticle' to take his lead, he then burns the new map into a new chip and pops it into your ecu. So chips dont need to be removable to re-map them :)

pug_ham
on gti6 ecu he un-solders the original chip and solders in a 'chip recepticle' to take his lead, he then burns the new map into a new chip and pops it into your ecu. So chips dont need to be removable to re-map them :)

Ahh, OK.

On my MP3.1 ecu it already has a chip recepticle in the ecu so Wayne only had to pull my chip from it, copy it over to his laptop & connect his lead in to start re-mapping. B)

Graham.

col16vt

what kind of prices are we looking at for mapping?

Richie-Van-GTi

you pay by the hour with any mapper, all depends how close it is when they start and how easy it goes. Best advice is make sure everything is spot on with engine and wiring etc to minimise any downtime.

Henry Yorke

I have heard that it can be about £400 so not far off getting a proper 3d mappable ECU, though if Graham goes there, then I doubt this will be true :)

I would be interested in getting my MP 3.2 mapped for the turbo if it was a sensible price for a few extra horses.

Edited by Henry Yorke

pug_ham
I have heard that it can be about £400 so not far off getting a proper 3d mappable ECU, though if Graham goes there, then I doubt this will be true :lol:

Cheeky plucker.

It cost £400 when I got my car mapped but that was a few years ago so if its still the same price or not I don't know but whatever it costs, I doubt is gone down.

Graham.

TT205

Graham.

IIRC my chip was soldered in so Wayne desoldered it and fitted a chip socket