• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
unariciflocos

Injection Tps Used With Megajolt

unariciflocos

Can I use the TPS from the std injection system with my Megajolt? Does it supply a 5 or 12 volt signal? And what signal input does the Megajolt take?

Thanks,

Andrei

Anthony

No, as the standard TPS isn't a true pot with a variable output, but rather a crude switch to say when the throttle is closed or WOT.

You'll need to replace the standard throttle switch with a "proper" TPS, either a standard aftermarket one or adapt something from a later model (most 306/406 etc)

Stu

As above, the TPS on an Mi manifold has simply three states, closed throttle, WOT and something in the middle. Its not linear in its progression, which is required by the 'jolt.

Also, and its me nit-picking i know, the 5v/12v signal is dependant entirely on input voltage, all the TPS does is provide a 'reference' voltage signal based on the known input, it doesnt matter what it is.

Im using a vauxhall one on mine, simply because i can make it fit my carbs easier. :huh:

unariciflocos
As above, the TPS on an Mi manifold has simply three states, closed throttle, WOT and something in the middle. Its not linear in its progression, which is required by the 'jolt.

Also, and its me nit-picking i know, the 5v/12v signal is dependant entirely on input voltage, all the TPS does is provide a 'reference' voltage signal based on the known input, it doesnt matter what it is.

Im using a vauxhall one on mine, simply because i can make it fit my carbs easier. :huh:

Could you tell me what engine yours is from so I can order one or maybe look for one in a scrap yard?

Stu

I *think* it came from an ecotech engined vectra to be honest mate, i just went scrapyard hunting :) Ill try and get a pic up later so you can identify it.

unariciflocos

I'll take a 9v battery and multimiter to the scrapyard today after work. :)

Are you also running Megajolt? If so could you share a map? :(

Stu

Im not running it yet mate, im mid way through getting it fitted and such.

I believe PeterT uploaded an ignition map a while back, ive got it on my home comp, ill email it when i get home :)

unariciflocos

I have the one PeterT uploaded, was just thinking of getting more and see which one gives the best results and work on that. Well thanks for the help.