• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Dan Ingram

Gti6 Wiring Confirmation

Dan Ingram

I bought my loom from a car that I saw running so I know it worked. It was a bit of a mess though so I'm just tidying it up. I just want to check I've got a couple of things right before I put it in the car. I've sorted all the sensors so not worried about those.

1 - I've got a switched live coming from the 205 brown plug going to pin14 on the twin relay and also going to the grey wire on the lambda sensor plug is that right?

2 - Permanent live goes straight from the 205 distribution block to the starter and alternator?

3 - There is and earth wire coming from the small 205 brown plug, does this need connecting to anything as I cant find any earth wire in the 306 big multiplug to connect it to.

4 - pin12 on the double relay (not sure what that is) has been connected to pin 13 on the ecu which apparently is coded keypad. Anybody know why this has been done?

5 - The fuel pump wire from the small 205 brown plug has been wired in to pin 5 on the double relay is that right? do I need to run any other fuel pump wires?

If all this is right then the car should fire up shouldn't it?

Sorry for the questions I'm sure everyone is sick of answering these. I just need to know this to get mine finished.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

Spiky
I bought my loom from a car that I saw running so I know it worked. It was a bit of a mess though so I'm just tidying it up. I just want to check I've got a couple of things right before I put it in the car. I've sorted all the sensors so not worried about those.

1 - I've got a switched live coming from the 205 brown plug going to pin14 on the twin relay and also going to the grey wire on the lambda sensor plug is that right? correct

2 - Permanent live goes straight from the 205 distribution block to the starter and alternator? correct

3 - There is and earth wire coming from the small 205 brown plug, does this need connecting to anything as I cant find any earth wire in the 306 big multiplug to connect it to. just earth it under the dash

4 - pin12 on the double relay (not sure what that is) has been connected to pin 13 on the ecu which apparently is coded keypad. Anybody know why this has been done? dont know, if it's a unlocked ecu, you wont have to worry about this

5 - The fuel pump wire from the small 205 brown plug has been wired in to pin 5 on the double relay is that right? do I need to run any other fuel pump wires?

well i wire them to the fuel pump wire from the 19 pin plug from the gti6 loom, but that could well be the same

If all this is right then the car should fire up shouldn't it?

Sorry for the questions I'm sure everyone is sick of answering these. I just need to know this to get mine finished.

Thanks in advance.

Dan

see in red

Edited by Spiky

Dan Ingram

Excellent thanks. Can anyone confirm the fuel pump wiring?

Richie-Van-GTi

thew fuel pump is wired correctly, the pin spikey talks about is the other end of the wire yours is connected to. :)

Can you get a photo while your tinkering of the cam sensor and what it picks up from please :)