• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Pageda

Rocker Hose Won't Stay On?

Pageda

Hi everyone,

I've got a full Baker BM set on my otherwise standard 1.6 gti. The hose doesn't seem to want to stay on the rocker cover regardless of what type of jubilee clip I use or tension. Have also tried tape underneath and a bonus cable tie. Same deal.

I've got to drive her 60 miles next week to drop off for her re trim so after any ideas at all really, feel like I'm being stupid here and am missing something!

Ta,

Dan

welshpug

check you have it the right way round.

p.s, no rockers on an xu engine.

• Like 1

Pageda

Good point I've just assumed that it only went one way, want put in by me. Will give that a whirl cheers.

You knew which hose I meant though!

Tom Fenton

The stub on the cam cover is for some strange reason tapered! So the tighter you do a clip, it tries to push the hose off the taper.

Try just shoving it right on with no clip.

• Like 1

Pageda

So it is and will give that a whirl too, seems a bit mad!

ALEX

make sure there's no oil for it to slide off.

You could use the hairspray trick used for fitting rubber grips to bike handlebars.

Miles

Being so thick doesn't help so when I fit these it's done not that tight , the OE one's are fine on a clip to normal tightness

Reebmit

I made a lip/beaded edge with a dremmel and blended in down the length of the stub. This prevents the hose coming off long term, works perfectly.

Pageda

Chaps,

Thanks for all of the help and responses. After a bunch of clips, some hair spray, checking it was on the right way round etc turns out 30'secomds with the dremel was just the job!

Off for a re trim tomorrow some pics to follow when she is back.

Cheers,

Dan

colti

My RGX motor has what I guess is a 1.9/1.6 cam cover with the same stub that used to have a rubber blank on it.One day it popped off making a right mess!

After having the same struggle I tapped the inside of the stub to take an M6 bolt with a copper sealing washer,Sorted!!