• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
welshpug

Installing Motronic Mp3.1

welshpug

Been a while coming, but I've finally got my car back on the RR at Powerstation running the Motronic MP3.1 system, no other changes to the engine at all since last time, bar re-fitting the original Airbox

Haven't got an electronic copy of the Graph as yet, but its nearest dammit 130bhp, over the 122 of last time, also about 6NM up on Torque (now pushing 166Nm/124 LBFt)

I asked Fuzz (I cant remember his name only his PSOOC/106RR username!, I think its Curtis) to take the rev reading from the plug leads rather than go off the tacho (it was pretty close we found out!) and to monitor the AFR, good news is that the AFR was rock steady at 1 all the way bar a slight dip to 0.9 mid range, IIRC around peak torque, no odd noises indicating any pinking under load and all nice and smooth and pretty quiet.

Torque seems much broader and pickup from low revs much smoother.

I think its safe to say that its not these engines that are under performing, but that Peugeot should have used this management a system from the outset :wacko:

Also something to think about when installing Mi16's, making the effort to do it properly on decent management makes a much nicer car to drive, DUMP THEM DIZZY'S!

Link to the original thread http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...60&start=60

Edited by welshpug

welshpug

:lol:

th_G931XRW.jpg

Edited by welshpug

Sign in to follow this