• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ryan13961345402285

Oil Pressure

ryan13961345402285

Hi folks,

I installed a Tim electric oil pressure gauge into the Mi16 recently. However whenever the ar is at working temperature the gauge is showing zero at idle and around 55psi at 7000 rpm. The oil light in the dash is fine btw. I'm suspecting the sender unit is at fault since it was damaged in a crash when I had it installed in my race car previously (top of the unit was bent slightly as was the electrical connection on top of it). Does anyone know how to test the sender unit from one of these gauges or know how they work?

Thanks

Baz

Mecahnical guages are far superior and trustworthy, sounds like for whatever reason yours is a duff!

ryan13961345402285

Yeah sussed it out today that the sensor is at fault. All thats left now is to remove the inlet manifold (again) to get at the sender :(

Think I'll stick in a capillary gauge

Baz
;)

KRISKARRERA

Is it definately necessary to remove the inlet? I maganaged to change the sensor next to it with the inlet on.

ryan13961345402285

You must have the thinnest arms in the UK then lol :)

Seriously though, I looked every possible way of getting at the sensor but couldn't get at it. All the aircon stuff etc etc

Maybe if the alternator was removed I might be able to get at it?

1000pistes
You must have the thinnest arms in the UK then lol :)

Seriously though, I looked every possible way of getting at the sensor but couldn't get at it. All the aircon stuff etc etc

Maybe if the alternator was removed I might be able to get at it?

Hello mates,

I would like to have a contact with the Ryan1396.

Is it possible,please,to send to me a message?

Best regards from Greece.

Kostas.

Sign in to follow this