• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
stuart.m

Plastic Inlet --> Gti6 Inlet

cybernck

1.9 and 2.0 heads are nearly identical (different exhaust manifold stud pattern).

2.0 engine should be revvier than 1.9 actually, due to it's shorter stroke

(it's a "square" engine - 86*86 bore*stroke) while 1.9 is 83*88 mm :).

stuart.m
also you can run gti injectors with it not sure about any gain without maps but they do have a higher capacity.

Think im def gonna look out for one my self as i rekonit would be a worth mod

yeh im sure you can run the gti injectors if u got a remap, but without the remap it will just overfuel i just stuck with the standard injectors at least for just now. id recommend doing it, took the car out for a proper drive ( :lol: ) last night and its definetely made a bit of a difference, it pulls a bit harder, and doesnt let off at all right to the limiter. first time i gave it some 'beans' i wasnt watching the rev counter and found myself on the limiter, without meaning it, just driving as i always have, so it definetely gets there a bit quicker. hoses are supposed to be coming tomorrow so ill finish getting it tidied up then itll be presentable :P

as for the cams, i dont know but im sure if you keep asking about here/205drivers somebody will be able to give you the correct answer!

KRISKARRERA

Only thing with the XU10J4 is there's less "squish" than the XU9J4, at TDC the pistons are further down the bore.

Sloppy

yea asked miles about a few things, info i got from 205 drivesrs was varying in accuracy, the difference acording to miles is the ecu setup, obviously the gti manifold has its benfits but miles ran one with a 1.9 ecu and loom and he said it was spot on like this, obviously alot of work so not sure on that one.

Yea heads are same but gti one is quite different i think aswell as cams.

Stuart what exactly have you needed to convert to the gti inlet as i found some one local breaking on so i can get all the bits i need!

stuart.m
Stuart what exactly have you needed to convert to the gti inlet as i found some one local breaking on so i can get all the bits i need!

just the manifold itself, get the bolts as well. the sensors off the mi16 inlet fit onto the gti6 one, and i stuck with the original injectors. i used a t-piece to 't' the map sensor hose into the hose from manifold --> fuel reg. think that about it, all you really need from the 306 is the manifold+tb. I paid £80 for the complete inlet, with fuel rail, injectors, all sensors, everything still attached.

stuart.m

Well, finally got the camera back, and took a couple of 'after' photos. should have taken loads of work in progress photos but didnt, so here you go. ill just add them as links as a couple of them are quite large and its easier and neater than resizing them all. theres enough room for an air filter now the battery is moved, so need to get a cone, and a small filter for the ICV intake, and paint where the battery tray was welded. pipework etc STILL needs tidying.... i ordered lots of red silicon hoses from a guy on ebay then got an email a few days later saying he doesnt have them in stock :angry: so thats all been put back a bit. still, i think it looks ok :)

before

half way!

after

again

Mandic

How does ECU control butterflies?

Does it send a signal to electro-valve, which opens and uses vacuum to open butterflies then?

Or?

Thanks

Mandic

Got it...nevermind

welshpug

yes, the ECU does send a 12v signal to the solenoid between the RPM's specified, vacuum then acts on the pods and opens the butterflies.

I'm intrigued as to the comments that the throttle body is a bit small, very tempted to try fitting a larger one to a spare inlet I have as I'm sure it can produce good results on a standard head (though the standard head is VERY good)

Borntobewild

That looks like a complete enigine swap in stead off just a inlet.

But, my question.

Can someone tell me what parts i exactly need to convert to the gti6 inlet?

maybe even a howto?

I love the looks of my plastic inlet, and i really like to keep the car original but for the second time in 2 years i've got problems with the avac.

the 2 vacume thinggies (dont know the english name) and the vacumevalve seem to be working, but i'm missing power between 3000 and 4500-5000 revs.

PS, i'm alsow looking for a english peugeot partner main break cilinder.

It should fit as a replacement for my own cilinder and should be an upgrade.

Sign in to follow this