• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest NZ16v

Help!harmonic Balancer Needed In Nz!

Guest NZ16v

hey guys, this is my first post, but have poked about a fair bit, gettin great info here and there. I own a BX 16v, which i have had to crack open for various reasons, and do a fair bit of rebuilding along the way. Removing the harmonic balancer off the bottom of the engine, found the pulley wheel is properly stuffed, and has been rather badly repaired with pins-i really need a replacement, new or secondhand one. Can anyone help out? They are $300NZD new over here, and if i have to pay that i will, but if someone has a tidy 2nd hand one knocking about, i would prefer not to spend that much!!Especially since i have an English import, so there is the mandatory rust to remove, sunroof out, full respray, new tyres, bla bla bla, you get the picture!

Any help in pointing me towards one would rock my NZ world,

Alex

Wellington

New Zealand

Jer309GTi

Hi there Alex, welcome to the forum :) Can you enter your location into your profile please

Have you checked the UK ebay at all? Theres usually quite a few Mi16 spares on there

Guest NZ16v
Hi there Alex, welcome to the forum :) Can you enter your location into your profile please

Have you checked the UK ebay at all? Theres usually quite a few Mi16 spares on there

Just found an alloy one for 85squid, which with postage is around what a new one costs over here.will think on it. Have amended location too :)

calvinhorse

miles makes those solid ally ones doesnt he? if thats the correct part?? about 70gbp

JeffR

Welcome aboard Alex,

$300NZD seems alot to me.

By way of comparison, I recently got a new GTi6 one for $158AUD (not that it would fit your BX).

Check Ebay Aust, or try Aussiefrogs.com

Good Luck

Guest NZ16v

Thanks for replies guys, have sorted one through the BX16v site, and am looking at buying a job lot of new BX 16v parts from aussiefrogs, which will have a shedload of bits i need.

cammmy

Hey Alex

I'm in Upper Hutt, would be keen to bring my 4bie round and see your BX sometime?

Also if you need any spares check out Chuni Govan. he does my work and seems to have good connections for parts. Put C Govan into Whitepages and he's on Moores Valley rd, Wainui.

If your keen flick me a text, 021 2900 787

Cam

Guest NZ16v

Choice.Both my BXs are in Masterton at present,one just got her engine rebuilt, ready to go in this weekend.Lots still to do. You on fastfrogs?Cammy by any chance? Anyway, will keep in touch, and will definitely hit up your wrench spinner! The balancer i got still needs a rebuild dammit.

cammmy

Yeah matey I'm on fast frogs too. Cool, just let him know I sent you :-)

Sign in to follow this