• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest stepup

Mi16 Engine Differences?

Guest stepup

Hi all, I'm currently looking into potential tuning options for my 306 S16 2.0 MI16 engine.

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the 1.9 alloy block and the 2.0 heavy block?

From what I've read both put out around 160bhp but the 2.0 is much heavier, so what are the advantages (if any) to having the 2.0?

I'm now considering taking the 2.0 lump out of my s16 and dropping an alloy block in its place, is that a good idea?

My ideal goal is to acheive 200bhp naturally aspirated, is this possible or financially worthwhile?

I also have a dream of supercharging but have no idea of the costs or work that would be neccessary, so any advice would be appreciated.

Rob

Borntobewild

the 2.0 has more torq

B1ack_Mi16
the 2.0 has more torq

And the 1.9 is funnier to drive :)

With that said, a 2.0 one with crankshaft from 1.9 and a proper inlet and exhaust manifold would probably be better.

But might need rebore and oversize pistons to fit the 1.9 crank as these blocks seem to wear a bit and get a ridge around where the top ring turns back down again.

Luca

what do u mean proper inlet and exhaust maifold?

Dont these manifolds flow more that the engine acn put out anyway?

B1ack_Mi16
what do u mean proper inlet and exhaust maifold?

Dont these manifolds flow more that the engine acn put out anyway?

Was mostly referring to the 2.0 Mi16 variable manifold.

Most people find it much better to change it for the 306 gti6 manifold.

Not 100% sure about how much the exhaustmanifold on the 2.0 Mi16 will handle but it doesn't really look like it's optimized for high power.

Sign in to follow this