• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
pavlony

Is This Normal?

pavlony

I am in doubt about normal engine temp for '92 ph I 405 mi16

Cruising temp is about 90 degree,but city driving cause almost 105 degree (measured by IC device,same on the dashboard),when low speed fans start,and cool down to 100 degree.

OK,hot engine,but is this normal behavior, 15 degree upside down?

I often switch AC on (temporally out of liquid and clutch won't engage) and keep temp on 90 constantly.

Thank you for explanation.

MiCRO

Cruising temp is about 90 degree,but city driving cause almost 105 degree (measured by IC device,same on the dashboard),when low speed fans start,and cool down to 100 degree.

I often switch AC on (temporally out of liquid and clutch won't engage) and keep temp on 90 constantly.

My Ph1 '90 never goes above 90 degrees in any conditions, but I don't have AC.

KRISKARRERA

What's the weather like over there? Mine will hit 100 degrees in town driving though the cooling fans soon bring it down a bit. Mine's A/C too and I sometimes switch that on just to bring on the fans. How old is your radiator? Thermostat working properly?

pavlony

Car is in pretty good condition,came from Switzerland,serviced properly,always antifreeze in the radiator,no signs of opening engine in the past,thermostat seems begin to open on 90 degrees,low fans start on 102-104 (to high on my opinion).Maybe problem (if exist) is to low pressure in the cooling system.On hot engine when I open radiator cap,almost no steam escape out. No loss of coolant spoted after small leking is fixed.

Maybe some adjustment is possible on bitron box?

Sign in to follow this