• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
swordfish210

Cambelt Change

swordfish210

Hi, i was thinking about doing a cambelt change on my S16, just for my own piece of mind really and i was just wondering if there was anything i needed to know...special tools that might be required etc etc. Also wheres the best place to get a belt, tensioner and waterpump from. Thanks. Mark

KRISKARRERA

Did James give you any paperwork with the car? Besides a condom lol. I seem to recall it was about due a cambelt change.

swordfish210

From what i can gather it had one done at 77k and it's now on 111k, it's missing a fair bit of history though so i wasnt sure if it had one done betweent then and now...hence why i was doing it to settle my mind :D ut you are probably right i reckon it's due a change, luckily i finish uni this week so i should have lots of free time on my hands B)

welshpug

the haynes manual does actually cover it very well, main point to remember is to tension the front pulley then the rear one, and re-check a few times to make sure the timing is correct.

this has quite an effect on performance on these engines as they're quite sensitive to cam timing, I remember when Paul put my 405 on the RR down south it was only running 140 ish bhp, but a big chunk of torque, paul changed the belt a week before I bought the car, and I've had it on 2 different RR's at over 160 bhp, with healthy torque as well :D

KRISKARRERA

Yeah that was a very cold morning in November 2005, the day mine got 170bhp somehow.

swordfish210

WP; what do you use to lock the pulleys with?

pug309twin40s
WP; what do you use to lock the pulleys with?

2 bolts from the exhaust manifold to downpipe joint,, perfect fit.

Sign in to follow this