Now Taxed, Insured and MOT'd! So I took it for a long run yesterday in the sun with the roof down!
Not many incidents.
- Small oil leak from Dizzy - Needs a Seal
- Fan Stays on - Think I’ve got a Headlight resistor plugged into it instead of the Fan one.
- The Gear knob broke - Gutted as I'm not paying the silly money they are going for on eBay, so I bought a £30 Halfords one - It's a bit chav. I’m thinking of modelling one up in solidworks to 3d print.
- It's pinking and smells a bit, so I need to work on the fuelling and timing, also drinks fuel. About 20 mpg.
- The Speedo finally fixed itself as it must have been stuck, though it's still a little out, on the motorway It seemed to be out by about 10 MPH at 70. So MPG might not be as bad as I thought. I'm using a Black Large Speedo gear with a Yellow little one, taken from a BE3. The Cti has BE1. I have a White large gear and red small one to try. If that doesn't fix it I have an old set of clocks I can butcher.
- A few rattles that you have to get used to with 205 ownership, - I think they could be improved by adjusting the exhaust and the loose reflector in the rear valance.
- The lack of power steering has got me thinking about fitting one, but after a while I got used to it, probably after I developed muscles in a place reserved for cars without power steering.
Next is a trip to the body shop to touch up all the little nicks from assembly.
I’m also considering fitting the original bonnet as the auto one has large panel gaps against the wings as it might be a remanufactured one. still undecided yet though.