Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Taxes On Importing Car Parts

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

idoari

idoari
  • Drivers
  • 196 posts
  • Name:Ido Aricha
Hi, the prices of importing car parts in Israel are insane! I was wondering what is the situation in other parts of the world.

The taxes here are:

Upto 75$ - tax free.
More than 75$ - 48% of the package value AND the shipment price.

What is the situation in your country?

B1ack_Mi16

B1ack_Mi16
  • Pitcrew+
  • 2,775 posts

Norway it is +25% VAT in addition to a fee for the paperwork needed, usually about 10-20£.

Simes

Simes
  • Team Managers
  • 5,941 posts
  • Name:Simon
Garage View Garage
I'm not sure of the percentage but I recently paid about £70 on some rare motorcycle fairings from China.

Ryan

Ryan
  • Drivers+
  • 3,765 posts
  • Name:Ryan

20% VAT on goods coming from outside the EU. Plus import duty which varies depending on several things, but typically 2-5%.

wicked

wicked
  • Drivers+
  • 611 posts
Garage View Garage
Pretty similar here... too bad UK will leave the EU and ebay.co.uk will get expensive for me...

Edited by wicked, 09 August 2017 - 08:04 PM.

stef205

stef205
  • Drivers+
  • 793 posts
  • Name:Stefan
Garage View Garage

i paid a fair bit importing my charger from america. Nearly £100 in tax and duty but worth it. I paid 20% vat and 10% duty when importing the evo from japan.