Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Inlet Manifold Heater

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

AdamP

AdamP
  • Drivers
  • 687 posts
I've removed the heater from my 205 and was going to block the pipes at the source. However the inlet manifold heater pipe comes off the heater circuit.

How useful is it and would i have problems if i just blocked it up?

Guest_rmilbank_*

Guest_rmilbank_*
  • Guests
I removed my heater box on a car previously. I purchased an inline coolant pipe connector from motor factors and just joined the 2 pipes at the bulkhead together. You have to keep the flow, flowing.

Worked fine...

swordfish210

swordfish210
  • Drivers
  • 2,374 posts
  • Name:Mark
It's mostly useful for running the car on cold days. It might idle a bit worse when it's cold but other than that it should be fine.

AdamP

AdamP
  • Drivers
  • 687 posts

You have to keep the flow, flowing.

Worked fine...

But the heater system is in parallel with the cooling system, therefore you can just junk the whole of the heater side of things without affecting the cooling side.

Guest_rmilbank_*

Guest_rmilbank_*
  • Guests
Yea can see what your saying Adam. Surely quite alot of heat is disapated by the bubber hoses though? Given that when competing in my car its rare not to see the coolant light pop up on at some point. I usually use the heater matrix to work as a supplimentry cooling device. As in putting the blower on through the matrix to add to the cooling affect.

Just a thought