• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

blandy

Omex 600 Wiring Gti6

blandy

Did you get chance to check the readings?

j_turnell

I did, I went for a long drive with the laptop plugged in. My Racetech gauge was reading between 85-88 at normal running temperature, similar to what i was getting on the standard gauge. The Omex was higherat 89-90. Seems if anything mine is running a bit cool.

blandy

I've ordered a sensor direct from omex and will fit that so can compare will have to dig out my laser thermometer as well.

What temp do you have your fans set to come on at?

j_turnell

Im not using Omex for the fans, running the standard rad fan switch around 93-94.

blandy

Rather than start another topic I thought I'd add to this one.

I've been running for best part of the year all ok but now I'm adding a additional fuel pump as adding swirl pot etc.

With regards to the wiring as the omex uses the earth to the relay il thinking it would be best to loop the feed from the omex from the other relay for the existing pump to the new additional relay so that it would be controlled via the ecu?

Or would it be best to run via another switch on the dash completely seperate?

welshpug

use the same wire to trigger the relay should be fine, or take a feed from the switched side of the pump feed, either would work.