• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

yorkshirekowboy

Gentry Illuminated Sunvisors. Has Anybody Fitted These?

yorkshirekowboy

Hello, I have bought my self a set of the above, surly other people have fitted these as they are a pretty cool feature though I will never use them apart from my girlfriend.

Anyhow they are grey as you are aware, has anybody died/ painted these black to match the phase 2 interior? Just thinking what's the best route to do down.

I gather the loom is a straight plug and play and is easy to fit etc? Pictures would be brilliant.

I know it's sad just another gadget I can mess on with.????

Regards Danny

Edited by surferkid205

j_turnell

I used black plasticare on mine which did the job, never got around to re-fitting them though to be honest, it's on the never ending list of jobs.

yorkshirekowboy

Great thank you for the link. I searched but couldn't find anything ????

yorkshirekowboy

Just a quick question, how easy do they come to bits, like the rods, lights how do they come off etc. Last think i want to do is break them.

Daviewonder

I think the mirrors and lights just prise out. There are 4 slide type clips holding the backing into the visor, they're kind of a fat T shape, these need sliding downwards.

yorkshirekowboy

Right, them little t shaped clips you push down, wow what a mission they were to get out. I ended up using a chisel to dig into the plastic and push them down. Just so tight and awkward to get out.

Also how does you visor you push up to illuminate up the lights and see the mirror wear like? The dye has scrapped off near the hinge and it opens and closes? I'm was also thinking maybe to keep that part of the sun visor grey just dying the visor itself?

Regards Danny

PS so I don't break anything how did you get the visor off from its hinge?

Edited by surferkid205