• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Woody205

What Does Everyone Else Drive When There Not In Their 205

Woody205

Probably been done before but just thought I'd start a thread and see what everyone else used on a daily basis or when there not out in there 205 :)

I'll start,I have a t4 camper van and also a m4 astra gsi running just under 300bhp along with my 1.9 gti restoration project

Edited by Woody205

pugdamo

Iv got a Citroen C4 coupe by Loeb that I'm using until I finish my 205 and as a family bus iv got an old 02 plate Scenic 1.9dci that is ace, it just goes on and on. Nothing comes close to the 205 though, the Citroen is fully loaded but just find it boring.

205Rallee

Audi S1 cos it's small red and bloomin fast just like a 205 was back in the day, except it's twice as heavy as my Euro rallye and looks like a girls car :)

Oh and a mk7 Golf GTD as it does 60MPG and £20 a year road tax...

Simes

A Vespa in the winter, nc30 in the summer.

E91 with the family.

Anthony

306 HDi is my workhorse, typically racking up 20k miles a year.

It's not the most exciting car out there nor very quick, but it's frugal, reliable, practical and drives nicely enough :)

Telf

ermmm... my 205 GR

and if I really have to the family mondeo Urgh!

lagonda

1939 Lagonda LG6 special. Been using it as my everyday car, including 2000 mile tour to the UK and back...making up for lost time as it's been off the road since 2000. The Cti used to be my everyday car, but it's doing the jerky-jerky crap, and is currently frankly a total pita the to drive. Just so nice to now be driving something that repays all my time and effort put into it.

Shane17

I have my works berlingo........... she has the a6 and I might be allowed to drive it once a month if I'm lucky and as long as the kids aren't sitting in the car seat behind me as being 6ft7 they can barely get their legs in......... hence I can't wait for the 205 to be back up and running vans just drain the enjoyment of driving.

calvinhorse

405 1.6 Gl, one of the best cars I've ever owned, light as a feather, big comfy, superb handlingfeels nice to get in even after driving the missus' Citroen C4. A very understated car

FCDE2177-8BAB-460C-816D-AAC9262D538E.png

07CBD06B-4BA1-4C5B-AB80-F2B9487BC724.png

• Like 1

Anthony

I can agree with that Calvin - I can honestly say that my old Ph1 405 SRi was one of the most "complete" cars I've ever owned - drove beautifully, handled really well and I reckon 405 seats rank among the most comfortable for munching the miles.

• Like 1

dale205mills

Mine is a bmw e36 325i m sport or I drive the mk5 transit recovery truck, depending if I got the wife and kids with me.

allanallen

307 hdi and isuzu rodeo pick up, duller than ditch water :(

I actually really like my 307 now after a remap and all the dpf/EGR crap has been outed.

Oh and a proton satria!

post-7633-0-46100500-1476905668_thumb.jpg

DBG

My daily drive duties are shares between my 205 GTI and Lotus Elise Sport 111.

A9CB9623-44EE-4486-B2AE-ECBCC549A2D8.jpg

Look forward to driving either one home at the end of the day!

Edited by DBG
  • Like 2

tartanbloke

Specialized sirrus elite pushbike to and from work when not using the old girl (25 miles a day). At the weekends it is a grand scenic III bose edition as the family wagon, which is fully loaded but boring and not at all engaging when driving. ????

Malc

405 1.6 Gl, one of the best cars I've ever owned, light as a feather, big comfy, superb handlingfeels nice to get in even after driving the missus' Citroen C4. A very understated car FCDE2177-8BAB-460C-816D-AAC9262D538E.png07CBD06B-4BA1-4C5B-AB80-F2B9487BC724.png

That 405 is stunning, had a similar one back in the late 90s and loved it, bought as a 3 year old FSH high mileage company car, ran it for 2 years and sold it for £200 less than the purchase price, it was minted. I think the lack of speedo drive helped keep the price up!

Thinking back they were definitely the comfiest seats ever.

• Like 1

steve@cornwall

Gti. Is used everyday, but main car duty is done by 2016 model Fiat 500 1.2 lounge. Which is a very capable and fun little car and crammed with goodies too. Gets me to work, shopping , family visits etc and I fill the tank (about 30 quid!) Roughly every six weeks and road tax will be 30quid a year once the first free year is up. Was wife's choice although she doesn't drive and colour is "glam coral" with 1/2 leather in ivory......very macho eh? Recommend the 500 to anyone.

juice willis

Tried to persuade my girlfriend to get a 500 abarth or panda 100. Pretty much everyone I know ganged up on me and was bullied into getting an octavia tdi. They couldn't accept that putting down seats in a hatchback made it a family car :(

welshpug

E34 525 TDS Touring Auto, bit s*it on fuel around town but half decent on A roads and motorways.

End tuning chip, bilstein b8, Alpina springs and 17x8 Style 5's.

Biggles

At the moment - GSXR750 :-)

• Like 1

ATK

Golf R32 and Rover Mini Cooper

Bobbafett

A 2009 Ford Transit. Point to point I reckon I could beat most things in it on a Friday afternoon ;)

gwyn_mi16

Ive got a Clio 182 as my daily. Great car, been super reliable and cheap to run/ maintain. Closest thing to a modern 205 for rawness but also has a few creature comforts like Xenons, auto wipers, air con and cruise. Also does 38mpg locally or 40+mpg on a run.

iPlod999

Honda Sh 125 during the day.

FB_IMG_1476917116434_zpsak5f6ela.jpg

Company car of a BMW 520d.

DSC_0370_zpsmcirn5pe.jpg

Each time they renew the vehicle they give us lower power. :(

Gaz205

A bland but rather nippy new polo gti 1.8T - fastest car in the world because it's a lease car