• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
woodymi16

Audi Code Reader Recommendations

woodymi16

I'm looking at buying a code reader for my Q5 and would like some advice on which one to buy.

Any advice gratefully accepted.

dobboy

I ran a cheap reader on my 2010 A3 last week, it seemed to work ok, although I wasn't able to cancel the service light on the dash. After reading up on it I found out it's only VAG software that can cancel it. But it looked as though the cheepo I would have read codes ok.

Bogsye

I went 50:50 with one of my friends for the RossTech VCDS for looking after my wife's Golf diesel, and my R32.

I used it on the R32 to to a throttle adaptation, general code check and also coded in a Fiscon handsfree into the wife's car.

Had a misfire on the R32 which turned out to be a coil pack - managed to move the coil packs around and move the fault, so it was really useful to get the logged faults out.

One feature I did like was where you hover the cursor over a value for a sensor, and it tells you what the expected range ought to be. The Ross Tech website is pretty good for assisting you in using it too. I think I bought it via Gendan in the UK.

Was also useful for doing a code scan prior to going in for any general servicing work.

• Like 1

Gaz205

VAG COM was the word of the week when I was on a seat forum

• Like 1

Justin s

I used a cheapo £40 eBay copy of vcds when I had to do my a4 blb, cracking for the money does everything it should, naturally not a permanent solution as you cannot get updates or support from ross-tech.