• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

acox99

What Have You Done To Your 205 Today?

ginger205

Have to admit I was surprised it wasn't worse than that!

So far getting the engine out and the rear quarters fixed has only resulted in 3 sheared bolts on the slam panel..... So far!!

Leon

I drained the rainwater out of my interior light

Took the car for a drive to clear out the damp / moisture from the rain getting past the boot/rear window seals after the recent heavy rain.

Also treated the car to a few spares after I found a local dealer on eBay clearing out a batch of the complete bumper & trim fitting kits for £27 each delivered, rather than the £40+ mark up being proffered by the other sellers on there. Nice to get those bits added to the ever growing "spares" collection incase I ever need them in the future :)

I scooped this out of the passenger footwell.

ScreenShot2014-01-15at101507_zps18c3df86​

Bought a new wet vac

post-7297-0-60015100-1390855161_thumb.jpg

minimaniacwhyard

I tried looking for a new one :(

Ballyafb

Refitted both doors with manual winders. Now finding that the winder handle is right where the roll cage is!

welshpug

Leccy windows ftw :P

rallyeash

Refitted both doors with manual winders. Now finding that the winder handle is right where the roll cage is!

This is annoying! Same on my car. You can bend them between to wind up and down though

Ballyafb

Leccy windows ftw :P

Just got rid of the electric windows, they were a bit dodgy. Nothing to fail with a manual winder. Did consider poly windows, gets rid of all problems then, but I may want a bit of fresh air to come in and do not want sliders, as people can reach in from the outside. Not safe.

Anthony

Just got rid of the electric windows, they were a bit dodgy. Nothing to fail with a manual winder.

Ironically, the only winders I've ever had issues with were manual ones - all the 205's I've had with electric windows have been faultless other than a single failed switch...

stufarri

The GTI is still performing faultlessly on the 12 mile daily commute to the train station.

Well almost, with the exception of an intermittent headlight fault (comes on when it likes) and a small hole in the power steering cooling loop under the passenger seat. I went to collect some phase 1 seats for the CTI that I won on Ebay last week and 220 miles to Telford and back was a pleasure.

The CTI will need a mop out under the rear seats after the torrential rain but after standing for a few weeks will start milliseconds after the starter kicks in, as ever.

If you keep on top if them maintenance-wise they make a great daily I think.

ginger205

Took the whole dash out and removed the engine loom, mouse had only eaten through one wire so a good day all in all!

welshpug

Yesterday I got the fuel tank back on the zx, stuck fuel in both 205 and zx, charged batteries up, swapped them around, 205 into the garage.

This evening, took the front end apart :D

madspikes

Moved the engine bay fuse box to its new location, within the slam panel. Cutting and welding, happy days!

mikeygulley

Decided to hoover mine out................................but didn't do it! went for a drive instead. :)

Anthony

Finally got around to replacing the 205's failed immobiliser.

Driving it to work this morning made for a nice diesel antidote.

Ballyafb

Bought yet another beam. That makes a total of 4 !

Must start stripping them to create...THE SUPER BEAM!! (309 tube, 306 arms, base model torsion bars, coilovers, standard ARB, external adjustable ARB, standard 205 brakes: All to go on a 205)

dcc

A wide rear end on a 205 ruins the handling in my opinion, youd do well to ditch the 306 arms and 309 width. (Thats about an extra 40mm width on the back).

welshpug

Go drive a 106, i dare you to say they dont handle ;) (Rear is 40mm narrower than 205, same track up front as a 1.9...)

dcc

Numpty. Thats exactly what I was getting at...

welshpug

Not mine, but I did this...

12255096106_9c90eee14f_c.jpg

Found more...

12254964874_3b4beef562_c.jpg

choppy chop...

12254974724_fa5872b0f5_c.jpg

Then Anton did this.

12255164676_fe7bbcbd77_c.jpg

AlexRS2782

Cleaned off the ridiculously large turd that a Magpie had dropped on the rear screen yesterday :wacko:

• Like 1

iPlod999

Picked it up from the garage following a 5 week stay having a top end engine rebuild.

Head from Anthony on here. Pressure tested along with 0.003 skim to clean up.

New oil and coolant pipes throughout. New radiator, starter motor and lots of other little bits and bobs.

Ran perfect on the journey home. Nice 'q' engine noise, almost like fresh air blowing out the exhaust and very eager through the rev range.

Ballyafb

A wide rear end on a 205 ruins the handling in my opinion, youd do well to ditch the 306 arms and 309 width. (Thats about an extra 40mm width on the back).

Hopefully it will not be too bad. Am widening the front track to 309 set up and wider wheels to fill the arches so we shall see. Am making as much as possible adjustable just incase I do ruin everything.

acox99

Cleaned all the scabs from the inside of the bonnet with a spot blaster and 80 grit paper, rubbed back, scotched and primed ready to be painted in the week.

93908B82-AFE8-4C76-B82F-14E87A47FA1B_zps

Slo

I dipped mine in a paddling pool and used the battery charger technique for a couple of days came out completely rust free and spotless after a wash and best of all it cleans all the internal surfaces that you cant get too