• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
joni

Distributor (bosch) Cable Part Number

joni

So it seems to be a common problem. The wires in the section of loom (that either screws or pushes into the bosch distributor) become frayed and causes missing problems etc. I need to replace mine.

I have the screw in version of the cable. My car has a 1.9 engine. I assume the bosch distributor is a 1.9 distributor - am i right?

I have looked on the Peugeot parts system and found 2 parts numbers (5911 32 and 5911 34) for cables that fit the Bosch distributor. They've been mentioned in threads before but does anyone know which is which? Presumably one is the screw in the version and the other a push in version? Any thoughts?

Oh and are the push in and screw cables interchangeable as the local peugeot garage has a push in cable but no screw in cable.

Heres a quote from one of the previous posts but it doesn't give me the full answer i need unfortunately.

The lead for the bosch dizzy has the part number 5911 32. This is the lead that has the bigger end which connects to the dizzy; the one with the smaller end is the Ducellier (sp?) and the wire doesn't seem to be sold separately and comes as part of the coil kit.

Mercury - i think you need the push in cable right?

Edited by joni

Grim.Badger

Your distributor should have a brand name and a long number on it.

Mine has Bosch 0237009063; unfortunately that number isn't in the parts catalogue but the closest is BOSCH 0237009051/074/086, in which case I would need wire 5911 32.

Put up your distributor brand and number and I will try and look up what wire you should probably have.

welshpug
Mine has Bosch 0237009063; unfortunately that number isn't in the parts catalogue

ohh yes it is :(

5900 E2 NFP

DISTRIBUTOR BOSCH - 0237009063 / 076

- XU5JA UNTIL DATE 1989 12 01

:D

and the parts schematic for this distributor is;

th_bosch16gtidizzy.jpg

note that the diagram numbering does not match the listings, but the part description does.

in my limited experienve the most common distributor fitted to a 1.9 has the part number 0237 009 066

Edited by welshpug

Grim.Badger

I don't get this; I have a dizzy from a P1, which I've listed above. I also have one from a P2 with the code 0237009086; the parts catalogue says they take the same wire (5911 32) but they don't as the wire I have for the P1 dizzy doesn't fit the P2 dizzy :) The P2 dizzy takes the same wire that my old 1.9 GTi had, but I unfortunately didn't keep that.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I really need to get this P2 dizzy fitted.

Grim.Badger

Just been told Autofive have the:

25EP153 Low tension cable distributor to ignition module (clip on cap) £29.55

26EP154 Low tension cable distributor to ignition module (screw on cap) £29.55

Autofive

welshpug

you'd have thought they'd make an effort to sell them for less than Peugeot :)

joni

Thanks for all the comments/help.

I've had a bit more of a look into it. Firstly i found my dizzy number 0237009066. Then had a look on the parts catalogue. It doesn't show a cable in the diagram but it does list 5911 34 as one of the parts. So i guess this means that 5911 34 is the cable that screws in to a Bosch dizzy and 5911 32 must be the part number of the cable that pushes into a dizzy. As far as i know now, these are the only two cables that would fit a BOSCH dizzy. In general (but not always) i think the screw on caps had a screw in cable and the clip on caps a push on cable.

Just to clarify the cable i have screws into the BOSCH dizzy and has a 3 pin white plastic connector on the other end (although this normally looks yellow when its old and been covered in oil!).

The Autofive guy was really helpful. £30 is a lot but i get the impression he gets them from Pug as he orders them in specially.

CosKev
you'd have thought they'd make an effort to sell them for less than Peugeot :ph34r:

Haven't they?????? :huh:

Pug quoted me £38 for screw type :lol: