• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
jplautomotive

406 Turbo Power

jplautomotive

hi

what sort of power can you get from a XU10J2CTE ? on standerd internals would it need after market

management or can it be chiped ?

or would it need pistons/rods etc

jonny

sonofsam

Hi,

Hilgie stated quite recently He knows of a 2.0Turbo 205 running 350 (ish) bhp with

standard internals, but an uprated head gasket.

Afternarket market management too I would think :rolleyes:

sounds of silence

cant see that spec or that engine making 350 bhp

would require alot more work to make that power

Rob Turbo

Where might I find some ARP studs/nuts to replace the head bolts on my 2.0 8v turbo engine? And how much are they likely to cost? If not too much more than head bolts I might as well upgrade them when I fit the MLS head gasket!

I'm thinking about going to town on this engine and turning my 205 into a proper tool, then get an auto FTO just to chill out in!

sounds of silence

iv a nice turbo and cam to suit the engine :D

you can get arp headbolts (studs and nuts) and use rod bolts as well dp engineering sell them both

welshpug

SOS, you did read on to the 3rd page of that article on 205gtio.com didn't you?

Rob Turbo

I already have an xsi cam and hybrid turbo, if I change the turbo again it will be going on a custom manifold.

I'll check dp engineering out, thanks!

sounds of silence

sure did and you aint making 350 bhp with that spec and about a 2" downpipe and a cossy intercooler

Edited by sounds of silence

shalmaneser
sure did and you aint making 350 bhp with that spec and about a 2" downpipe and a cossy intercooler

P6300015.JPG

erm, that is a bit of a monster though? doubt he's still running that wimpy intercooler you can see in the first few pics...

sounds of silence

yup very good design and similar to the one dp engineering done in there 406 and made 218atf

andykandy205

ive seen on standard internals 224bhp and 255lb/ft thats running emerald m3d management, 19.gti inlet manifold ported to suit, gti6 throttle body welded on, cossie injectors and running 1 bar of boost. But change the head gasket cause ive popped mine twice..

Hilgie

The exhaust has been replaced by a 3" one, so has the intercooler. Now running 1.5bar boost. ~350bhp

Manifold is a DP engineering one, but modified for use with the external wastegate.

EricYellow

Small correction...the car isn't running 350 bhp but 250 bhp and 390Nm.

Quite a difference, but still no slow car :P

sounds of silence

thats a more realistic power now :angry:

still very good for the 8v tho

weejimmy

edit as i was being a dik 4 no reason.

250 is good power for a 8v. well done.

just need a proper head on it now

Edited by weejimmy

paulvancraen

The head isn't the problem, it's the inlet manifold :)

whizzer71

Im going to be using an inlet manifold off a 1.9 405sri/bx 1.9 gti 8v on my 2.0ltr turbo conversion,was also thinking about getting the primarys shortend on it as alot of the inlet manifolds Ive seen on current turbo engines have barely any distance between the plenum and the mounting face.

Dont know if I will get any great worth while gains from doing this ?

:)

whizzer71
Im going to be using an inlet manifold off a 1.9 405sri/bx 1.9 gti 8v on my 2.0ltr turbo conversion,was also thinking about getting the primarys shortend on it as alot of the inlet manifolds Ive seen on current turbo engines have barely any distance between the plenum and the mounting face.

Dont know if I will get any great worth while gains from doing this ?

:D

Any Ideas anyone ?

whizzer71

Just to kick start this one off again, any input from anyone with ref to my comments on the inlet manifold?, Ive finally got to the point that Im gonna be building my engine soon and I still intend to use the 405sri manifold but dont want to if its gonna be a waste of time ?

Tris

danpug

I'd speak to Sandy about it if i was you, Mark Shillaber recomends the sri head on a turbo lump. isn't an mi16 throttle body a straight bolt-on too?

Arahan

Would a 306 xsi 8v head be any better than a standard one? Are there any differences in the head bar the cam to the standard one?

Hilgie

I haven't been able to find any differences between the turbo and non-turbo 2L head. Just the cam profiles differ, so the DKZ or 2L NA cams are good replacements for the standard turbo cam.

Some say the turbo heads have sodium filled exhaust valves (like the T16). But I haven't seen proof of that really.

Arahan

Ah right, not really much point in swapping heads then! I have a 2l na cam in mine, but was wondering if there was any head difference i.e. better flow or anything!

welshpug

earlier turbo heads have the same part number as the n/a XU10.

Sign in to follow this