• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
yorkshirekowboy

Help With My Toad Alarm

yorkshirekowboy

Im about to fit my toad ai606 alarm, and the underdash RCL control box on my phase two gti, just wondering if anybody knows what colour of wires i need to connect them to my alarm? Need to also find the +12v unfused supply and a secondary immobilisation connection, any ideas what i can use?

also where have you guys placed your alarm box in your pugs?

regards,

danny

bensonmi
Im about to fit my toad ai606 alarm, and the underdash RCL control box on my phase two gti, just wondering if anybody knows what colour of wires i need to connect them to my alarm? Need to also find the +12v unfused supply and a secondary immobilisation connection, any ideas what i can use?

also where have you guys placed your alarm box in your pugs?

regards,

danny

had mine removed but the siren was next to the os headlight on the inner wing,the black box type thing was up next to the ecu under the dash, cant help you with the wires tho im affraid!

Simes

Taken from a post in a thread back in 2004

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...23016&st=75

For those of you with Phase 2 GTi's with remote central locking as standard, I'll save you the hassle of working out the wiring - it's a negative pulse based system, and you need to connect the LOCK wire from the alarm (grey) to pin 8 of the underdash locking relay (on the side of the steering column), and the UNLOCK (blue) to pin 6.

As for the other wires you'll likely need from the 205 loom to splice/cut - the wire numbers are correct, and the colours were as they were on my car (but might be different on yours as Peugeot were a bit inconsistant with the colours):

Wire #1 (Red) - Constant +12v

Wire #2 (Red) - Ignition

Wire #46 (White) - Starter

Wire #48 (Grey) - Left Indicator

Wire #49 (White) - Right Indicator

Wire #76 (White) - Fuel pump

I'm in the process of installing mine - this should help.

Rom

Heres a copy of the installer Manual, should be of some help.

My siren is on the NSF inner chassis leg, down near where the brake pipe goes through. Installer put it in front of the NS turret, but as i have a pressed vent, i thought the water getting into it might damage it eventually. So i moved it.

I think the installer who did mine was a bit dodgy, as the ecu wasnt very well mounted etc. Was up near the engine ecu, ive moved it to behind the centre console. The window closure box is still up near the engine ecu.

As for immob circuits, mine cuts the starter and fuel pump. Think there the most common ones to go for.