• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
DrSarty

[project] Sarty Evo II - Phase 2 Of Project Sarty

GLPoomobile

I think Rich is more of a pink man :D

pronta

Pink I can do, but do you mean fusia pink or baby pink ?

GLPoomobile

Hot candy pink.

pronta

Done !

DrSarty

A-holes!

P.S. Guy (Pronta) is right. He and his son Sid are doing the calipers, not me; so I do need to thank them.

But that was after he had to replace a caliper and hub on another of my 205s, then get the 106's exhaust fixed, oil leak sorted and MoTd, accept countless deliveries of bits and bobs and generally be a really good egg.

I owe him, although he has made a parts washer, a welding helmet and engine crane out of it. He even had the nerve to do the first Darth Vader impression in the natty black welding helmet when I told him not to. :D

But I think I still owe him, as he's had to store about a tonne of my parts for over a year. Poor bastard! But he is a VW fan, so perhaps he's coming over to the light side.

B)

Edited by DrSarty

DrSarty

Well I eventually got to Colin's today. I had my son with me, so couldn't get stuck in; but I did swap the cam cover, fit my natty end caps and test fit the inlet and ITBs. :unsure:

BEFORE:

05052010552medium.jpg

05052010553medium.jpg

AFTER:

05052010555medium.jpg

05052010556medium.jpg

You may notice the fuel rails removed in the second set (well at least the inner rail), as that's gone off to get externally blasted and powder-coated. Also on the scuttle panel is my 6mm 'unobtanium' heat barrier Colin made to reduce heat transfer into the inlet tract, hopefully keeping inlet temps down.

BTW as on Evo I, there will be a reflective undersided flow director/shield over the rad to keep warm air off the rad entering the ITG filter too. This inlet tract is already longer than the last one, and I may manage to creep over the 200lb/ft torque threshhold if I'm lucky.

Mad Professor will get the 8 injectors (4 x Bosch dark blue and 4 x Saxo VTS Pico) for cleaning and service in the next few days, and then all that's needed is a solid week's graft to put fuel and brake lines in, and about 54 other jobs. :o

Edited by DrSarty

welshpug

nice to make a start finally, when do you want these bits delivered?

DrSarty

I'll call you tomorrow Mei. :lol:

I need to make a trip to Bristol, so perhaps we could sort something.

rubyna

Looking the tits Rich fair play!! Bet you cant wait to open her up on the open roads...Bring on the trumpets!!!!!

Batfink

I'm still coming down Wednesday Rich. Cant wait to see how its progressed since I was last down.

Kev

DrSarty
I'm still coming down Wednesday Rich. Cant wait to see how its progressed since I was last down.

See you there mate. Colin's workshop is really quite tidy now, with more equipment. I think he's expanding*.

*Not him obviously - his business.

pronta
A-holes!

P.S. Guy (Pronta) is right. He and his son Sid are doing the calipers, not me; so I do need to thank them.

But that was after he had to replace a caliper and hub on another of my 205s, then get the 106's exhaust fixed, oil leak sorted and MoTd, accept countless deliveries of bits and bobs and generally be a really good egg.

I owe him, although he has made a parts washer, a welding helmet and engine crane out of it. He even had the nerve to do the first Darth Vader impression in the natty black welding helmet when I told him not to. :ph34r:

But I think I still owe him, as he's had to store about a tonne of my parts for over a year. Poor bastard! But he is a VW fan, so perhaps he's coming over to the light side.

:ph34r:

You cheeky monkey.......... I've made have I ?

You find some where that would sort your cars out, store your post, clothes, numerous cars and associated parts and everything else for the few things I got you to pay for, of which, the hoist, I found, and paid for, and then chipped you in on it, and the welding helmet, which I paid you for when you got home......

I wont even go into the use of my tools, workshop, electricty, hospitality and free B+B to say the least Richard, I flipping earnt the right to Darth vader first,

nay bloody deserve it.

But thank you for the parts cleaner, which you knidly bought for me in payment for some arduous or silly errand/chore (tow cars back from stupid miles away or was sort out a car you had sold with MOT/etc)and you have used it more than once and will no doubt be using again when you want to build the five Mi engines currently being stored in the corner of my first workshop.

It's my house I'll do what I like, not what you demand.

Please dont ever make me sound like your poor arsed biatch again on a public forum.

Rant over.

I found the parts for the brakes this morning, exactly where I said they were.

The figure 8's are all done.

I'm still waiting for your dads address to post the above to.

Guy

Batfink

bad day?

Edited by Batfink

boombang
sand%20in%20your%20vagina.JPG

pronta

Batfink.....

No not a bad day

just when you've know Mr Southwell as many years as I have,

it's easy to get fed up of being ridden and then belittled to boost his own self.

I know this is not the right place to sound it but Rich chose to say it here so it appears to be ok for me also.

Boombang..... that's actually quite a funny reply, any time you want to practice drawing come round I'm sure my 9 year old kids will share their crayons with you.

Edited by pronta

maturin23

Been following this thread quietly, so apologies if it seems I'm butting in.

I reckon I know Rich fairly well - warts and all - and I can only read that post in one way; he's expressing his gratitude. I've read it a few times more and still think it just sounds like a 'thanks mate'.

DrSarty
it just sounds like a 'thanks mate'.

It was; thanks Ian.

And I'm fairly gutted by Guy's comments TBH.

Perhaps the mods will delete this nif naf and trivia and allow it to get back to being a project thread. :) (Including this post)

Mad Scientist

Come on Dr S, lets have an update! There's an audience watching you know.

:(

GeorgeXS
Come on Dr S, lets have an update! There's an audience watching you know.

:)

Agreed more shiny bits need attaching!

Your new avatar is awesome btw :D

welshpug

it looks like a car again... :D

DrSarty
it looks like a car again... :D

It does, thanks to your help and our hard graft over the last week.

We spent a lot of time at Colin Satchell's workshop, which became an oven during the recent heat rise and put in quite a few hours and grazed knuckles to produce this.....

(Pics to follow: I can't get onto Imageshack)

It now only needs a windscreen, side trims, my Emerald ECU and loom and a battery. Fluids all go in tomorrow, then it's off with Sandy soon for the re-map.

hexhamstu

use photobucket!! or just the upload function on here?

happygoron

Tease. :)

Daviewonder

He's a Master of suspense :)

Edited by Daviewonder

oz.

I thought he was a master of Jedi after looking at the avatar.