• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
mattbenselin

Cruise Control And Mpg Meter

mattbenselin

I was having a flick through the Haynes modifying and improving 205 manual today and noticed brief installation instructions for:

Zemco Cruise Control Kit

and

Zemco Fuel Monitoring kit

I have done a search on here for Zemco and cruise control and nothing comes up with any information. I was wondering if anyone had seen these kits fitted in either a 205 or something else, or does anyone know of anything similar on the market today?

Thanks, Matt

Simes
I have done a search on here for Zemco and cruise control and nothing comes up with any information. I was wondering if anyone had seen these kits fitted in either a 205 or something else, or does anyone know of anything similar on the market today?

Thanks, Matt

I've got that book - it was written in the 80's, so unlikely you can find those components....and in 10 years on this forum the only person I think who may possibly have any info is SuperJosh.

mattbenselin

Well I got a cruise control kit from good old eBay.

I was looking for information on kits and you can buy them new but they are quite costly and I couldn't justify spending that much just to be 'lazy'!

Anywho I bought an old Napa Auto kit originally from the states and made/sold in 1989 but brand new in it's original box and with the original receipt. The only part missing from a comprehensive kit is probably one of the most important, the instructions!!! It all looks relatively straight forward but it will require a fair bit of trial and error I imagine.

Thought I would post some pics just in case anyone has seen one before or could shed some light on the parts I have...

This is the main unit, there are 2 vacuum connections, a loom and the throttle cable connection.

100_0252.jpg

The control stalk is pretty smart with simple controls and a neat design. Not sure where to mount this yet, thinking about next to the indicator/light stalk.

100_0255.jpg

This bit, it says, is for sensing the spark plug current. Wasn't expecting this sensor, so going to have to think about how to mount it. Looks like it should fit over a plug.

100_0254.jpg

I think this bit is part of the speed sensor, it seems to be a magnet to which there are some other bits also. The intermediate drive shaft seems a good place to mount this as it doesn't move like the other driveshaft sections.

100_0253.jpg

I'm not sure what this bit is. It is small, has a vacuum connection and one end is open with a foam insert. My only idea is maybe it's a bleed valve so when you hit the brake or clutch pedal the system shuts off and this valve opens to cancel the vacuum effect and thus release the throttle.

100_0251.jpg

100_0249.jpg

There is a main ECU and wiring loom and loads of brackets and bit and bobs as well, but these are the main bits.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Unfortunately I won't be fitting it for a while but will document it when I do.

Cheers, Matt