• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
ablister

306/205 Front Shocks

ablister

hi

i've read through here about 205 front shocks fitting the 306 but when comparing the 205 shock, the bracket for the drop link looks in a different position to the 306 one. Is this an issue when fitting 205 shocks to the 306 or does it all line up when fitted?

cheers, ali

SweetBadger
hi

i've read through here about 205 front shocks fitting the 306 but when comparing the 205 shock, the bracket for the drop link looks in a different position to the 306 one. Is this an issue when fitting 205 shocks to the 306 or does it all line up when fitted?

cheers, ali

Just fitted Gti6 shock to mine, they do fit... just. If you have the thicker droplinks you might have issues with them fouling on the hubs though.

I also found that they raised the ride height by about 20mm on standard 205 springs, not sure why, would have thought that with the same springs the height wouldn't have changed...

see recent thread about it here: http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...p;hl=\drop link\&st=0

Edit - Oops should have read original thread more carefully! Sorry don't know if 205 shock will go on a 306

Edited by SweetBadger

ablister

thanks for reply anyway, have heard that they can alter ride height when fitted to the 205.

Anyone able to confirm that the droplinks will be fine when using 205 front struts?

ali

jimistdt

Graham (Pugtorque) had them on his 306 briefly. EDIT:Although, I don't think he actually changed the shock, just the springs.

I'm sure he'll be along shortly to clarify. :D

Edited by jimistdt