• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
sport1901966

Mi16 Coolant Temp Gauge/warning Light Sensors

sport1901966

I've been searching for ages but had no luck. Could anybody tell me which sender is which - coolant temp warning light and coolant temp gauge?

Coolantgaugeandwarninglightsenders2.jpg

Thanks very much!

Anthony

Light is the larger of the two and the gauge the smaller IIRC ;)

sport1901966
Light is the larger of the two and the gauge the smaller IIRC ;)

So just for me to be certain circled red is the light and circled green is the gauge?

Cheers for the quick reply Anthony

GLPoomobile
Light is the larger of the two and the gauge the smaller IIRC :)

I don't know which is which, but I guessed it would be the opposite way around :ph34r: My logic being that the gauge requires a sensor, and the light requires a switch. I'd have expected the sensor to be the bigger of the 2, just like it is in the case of the oil pressure sensor and switch. Then again, the oil temp sensor isn't very big.

Just ignore me Sport :lol: I'm sure Anthony will be right.

pug_ham

I think they are right in your picture, if the smaller of the two senders has a red ring on then you have them right.

They appear to be strangely colour coded, red spade connector goes tot he red sendr & black to black. Just like the CTS & SAD plugs.

http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php?s...howtopic=106674

Graham.

sport1901966

Thanks guys, I had a closer look and can see a redish (very covered in crud) ring on the lower sender and by the sounds of things from the thread in pugtorque's link thats the gauge sender.

I'll try to remember to confirm when I eventually get the engine in and running! I keep meaning to get a project thread going

Sign in to follow this