• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  

Andy F

Hi again

Ive just got a Tran-x diff delivered but am slightly baffled having read other post on the forum.

I ordered the diff with 45/45 plate setting as this was what most people recommended.

I am now looking at the preload again i know most people have said leave it on lightweight. As i have not opened it up yet im not sure what setting it is on.

What is more baffling i am looking at the technical drawings they have sent and it shows the preload on both leightweight and interlevered as 25-35 lbs. I take it this must be a mis-print as the other copies of the drawings from Tranx show the interlevered upto 80 lbs?.

Anyone know if these are set as lightweight as standard to save me opening it up?

Any help with this appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

brumster

You got a torque wrench and some spare driveshaft ends that you could use to test it?

edit: isn't 45/45 a ramp angle, not the plate configuration - the latter ultimately decided preload, not the ramp angle?

Edited by brumster

Andy F

Think i have sussed the issue, dodgy info from Tranx by the look of it

Looking at the information that has been posted before it looks like as my diff have equal spacing at the bottom it is set to fully inter.

PUG_BE_FULLY.jpg

This is the form that tranx have sent to me which seems totally wrong doh

tranx.jpg

Andy F

well have spoken to Tran-x and they have confirmed the drawing is wrong, they have said to me as i am running power steering i should leave the diff at interlevered.

Anyone have an opinion on this as most people have said set it to lightweight

Tom Fenton

Mine is on lightweight, it is fine for the road.

mmt

Hi guys,

What does"interlevered" and "leightweight" setting mean?

I´m about to service my diff. Is there a "How to" guide sonewhere?

tony perks

Interleaved is when you have the setting at item 2 on the drawing you have posted this gives you more surface area driving ie the diff will be more active as in more friction beetwn both wheels, on the other setting number 3 there will be less drive.

My diff is set at 45/45 and fully interleaved, and i find it drivable, i tried it on the 30/60 setting and it was very darty not nice at all, the later diffs are machined with both ramp angles you just turn the casing around and put the cross pins into the relavent groves, ideed you can re build to the softer setting your self with out too much hassle, just dont lose any bits or mix uop the parts!

Andy F

things just get better, tran-x have struck again.

Having looked at the techno sheet it says you can use ARP bolts for a rover k-series, thought i may as well. Turned up today only 6 bolts but i need 8 to put the crownwheel together.

Just goes from bad to worse

Sign in to follow this