• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Sergio205

Unknown Warning Light (+)

Sergio205

I have TU1M engine in my car controlled by Magnetti Marelli ECU. If i stay in a traffic jam for a while I have a warning light coming on on my instrument cluster.

It is located in the left bottom corner of my fuel gauge. It is shaped as a pot with steaming water in it. What is it? Does it influence on anything?

RossD

I know the one you mean - I think it's something to do with the ECU or lambda, a fault code may have been stored. I think you can get the fault codes out with a bulb on this model.

DamirGTI

This one on the bottom perhaps :

3530442a2fc521050030c57cea298abcc05411e.jpg

.. if so it's a low coolant warning light ..

Damir :)

Anthony

Do 205 with CAT's have the CAT overheating warning light on them like newer model PSA cars do? Not got a late instrument cluster in front of me to check.

If so, that's probably what the warning light in question is - certainly it matches the OPs description (it's a catalyst with wavy lines out of the top)

EDIT - it seems that they do, and it's pictured in this article on the main site :)

Edited by Anthony

RossD

From the OP's decription I thought the light he was describing was this one: panelc4.jpg

Which indeed is CAT overheating or fault. According to servicebox, the only models that had a Thermocouple and control interface shoved in their CAT's were the XU models bound for Japan....

Edited by RossD

Galifrey
Do 205 with CAT's have the CAT overheating warning light on them like newer model PSA cars do? Not got a late instrument cluster in front of me to check.

If so, that's probably what the warning light in question is - certainly it matches the OPs description (it's a catalyst with wavy lines out of the top)

EDIT - it seems that they do, and it's pictured in this article on the main site :)

The 2 lights either side at the bottom of the fuel gauge on a stock dash are low coolant and brake pad wear according to page 49 of the owners manual.

The low coolant looks like a bottle with wavy lines/water in it.

Middle light on the strip below

panela2.jpg

Edited by Galifrey

Sergio205
From the OP's decription I thought the light he was describing was this one: panelc4.jpg

Which indeed is CAT overheating or fault. According to servicebox, the only models that had a Thermocouple and control interface shoved in their CAT's were the XU models bound for Japan....

This picture shows exactly what I tried to say!

I want to specify though that I have base model and my dash panel is different from GTI models. It looks like it is on when catalytic converter is overheated - is anything going on in this case in ECU or may be some relay or sensor trips or is it only for my information? Should I concern or replace or adjust anything?

PS: My car is not for Japanese market as far it is has steering wheel on the left side.

DamirGTI

dash1.jpg

dash2.jpg

dash3.jpg

:)

Damir :blush:

Galifrey

Did you scan your manual Damir :blush::)

pip470

I have a diesel on an l reg and that light seems to come on every now and again. Doesn't seem to affect anything so I just ignore it.

• Like 1

Sergio205

Damir!

Do you have a page with the legend to this pictures?

Sergio205
I have a diesel on an l reg and that light seems to come on every now and again. Doesn't seem to affect anything so I just ignore it.

Friend of mine has a problem - if accelerometer pedal is pushed hard - the engine cuts off but if this light is on there is no cut off problem. I am trying ti investigate the connection between the light status on/off and the problem.

DamirGTI
Do you have a page with the legend to this pictures?

Yes :lol: but sadly though , it's on French/German/Italian language only :lol: :

This one is for instrument panel No1 i.e. for base models

base.jpg

This one for instrument panel No2 , Rally models etc.

rally.jpg

..and this one for instrument panel No3 , GTi CTi etc

GTI.jpg

Though i have 309 owners handbook somewhere which is on English language ;) will see if i can find it ..

Damir :lol:

Edited by DamirGTI

Sergio205

Thank you!

RossD

According to the french legend, that light is for 'Temoin a autodiagnostic' i.e it's thrown a fault code, which I thought might be the case in my original reply. :P

Galifrey
According to the french legend, that light is for 'Temoin a autodiagnostic' i.e it's thrown a fault code, which I thought might be the case in my original reply. :P

Which would have been correct had you identified the correct light :P

RossD

Err, I did? See reply from OP too!

Edited by RossD

Galifrey
Err, I did? See reply from OP too!

Bizarre, left and right as well as bottom and top are a mystery apparently, and it has no water in it.... The worst description of a light ever!

RossD

Regardless - I posted a picture of what the OP was trying to describe and he confirmed it was the correct light. Lets just try and help the OP eh :lol:

It's not unknown for the positions of the minor lights on the base model dashboards to change position as the years went on, which is why the copy of the manual Damir posted may have shown it in a different place to where the OP describes it.

Edited by RossD

Galifrey
Regardless - I posted a picture of what the OP was trying to describe and he confirmed it was the correct light. Lets just try and help the OP eh :lol:

It's not unknown for the positions of the minor lights on the base model dashboards to change position as the years went on, which is why the copy of the manual Damir posted may have shown it in a different place to where the OP describes it.

Sole intention was to help, hence original posted pictures, but it does help with a good description to start with? Anyway, it is resolved now. I even edited out the pic you posted as you posted at the same time as me :wub:

Edited by Galifrey

RossD

Good stuff :lol: Totally agree with your sentiments Galifrey.

Looking at the OP's profile shows he is from Russia, so I think maybe English isn't his first language hence the original description I think.

Sergio205
Good stuff :lol: Totally agree with your sentiments Galifrey.

Looking at the OP's profile shows he is from Russia, so I think maybe English isn't his first language hence the original description I think.

Well, English is not my original language but the reason of my crapy description was a lack of attention when I described the problem. I am sorry for the confusion.

I confirm that due to our joint efforts I've figured out what I asked for.

Thank you to all who participated in the discussion.

One silly question is what does OP stand for?

Galifrey
Well, English is not my original language but the reason of my crapy description was a lack of attention when I described the problem. I am sorry for the confusion.

I confirm that due to our joint efforts I've figured out what I asked for.

Thank you to all who participated in the discussion.

One silly question is what does OP stand for?

Original Poster

Sergio205
Original Poster

Thank yuo!

pip470

Also mine was not the cat, it was water in the diesel filter. Not done anything about it yet. Thanks for posting this topic.