• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Cloverleaf

Electrical Bulkhead Connector

Cloverleaf

I want to get a bulkhead connector to replace the plugs on my loom that join the dash part to the engine part.

One that fixes the internal part of the loom permenantly to the bulkhead and then you connect the engine loom to it on the other side of the bulhead. Something a bit like this....

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchB...t&R=0427745

Anyone know where I can get an automotive based one (or one that is suitable)?

Thanks,

Joe

GLPoomobile

I think Car Builder Solutions might do them

Cloverleaf

I did have a look there but couldn't find anything....

M@tt

306's have big multiplugs that connect through the inner wing down on the passenger side. Should be able to liberate one from a scrapper or some one on here breaking one

GLPoomobile

It's weird, as I've definately seen these somewhere and I can only think it would be VWP or CBS, but can't find it on either website. I'll have a look through the CBS catalogue tonight as I only got it a week or so back, so maybe I saw them in there (although I've definately seen them a few times before anyway).

Cloverleaf

Thanks mate, would be appreciated. It's annoying how suppliers sometimes put more in their catalogues than on their websites

It's weird, as I've definately seen these somewhere and I can only think it would be VWP or CBS, but can't find it on either website. I'll have a look through the CBS catalogue tonight as I only got it a week or so back, so maybe I saw them in there (although I've definately seen them a few times before anyway).

GLPoomobile

Well I'm almost stumped. Almost.

I've defo seen these numerous times before, but none of the websites I usually browse have them now. The closest I can find is on Simtek, the military connectors, but they are bloody expensive!

And it wasn't in my CBS catalogue either.

Edited by GLPoomobile

Cloverleaf

Well seems there's plenty out there, it's just confusing which bits go with which! Why doesn't anyone sell a complete connector!

Looks like no where is cheaper than Demon Tweaks!! The quality may vary though I guess......

Cloverleaf
http://www.deutsch.net/deutsch-home.aspx

Expensive, but amazing.

I think some of the connectors on there may cost more than my car.

Would be useful though to know the wiring would still work if the car was ever submerged in high pressure salt water :P

Richie-Van-GTi
I think some of the connectors on there may cost more than my car.

Would be useful though to know the wiring would still work if the car was ever submerged in high pressure salt water :(

you cant have wiring that good on a french car. It would be wrong on so many levels ;)

Cloverleaf

I've been reading the specs and studying the number of pins available, and I think I'm going to end up with more than one plug!

Possibly one for the feeds to the ECU etc, one for the dash and in the future one for the lights! Is going to be a bit expensive, but im in the search for reliability.