• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
GLPoomobile

Intermitant Rear Wipe

GLPoomobile

For a while I've been thinking about fitting a timed relay to the rear wiper to have an intermitant setting rather than the constant sweep.

I was going to just buy a relay from VWP, but the one they do is only timed to 5 second intervals. So I was thinking that I might as well just try and source one from another vehicle.

Can anyone recomend a vehicle that has an intermitant rear wiper with a longer interval? The longer the better.

Since it'll probably be mentioned by some clever c*nt, I am aware that you can get a relay from certain VWs that allows the intermitant setting on the front wipers to be adjusted, but I've ruled that out as you need to set the interval every time you first use the wpers. Sod that :)

welshpug

I "think" a later 405, 306 and Xsara use one, possibly my ZX too (dotn dare leave it on too long as it stops halfway on the first sweep :lol: ), I'll see what I can find out

here we go :)

part number from my ZX -

6556 23 WIPER DELAY - WINDSCREEN WIPER AND REAR SCREEN WIPER WITH BRACKET, I will endeavour to find out how long the delay is, it seems to be used in the front and rear (2 separate relays) on some cars.

ZX - AX - C15 - XANTIA - BX £22.28 :)

another one listed is

6555 EL WIPER DELAY BE - BLUE - WINDSCREEN WIPER AND REAR SCREEN WIPER WITHOUT BRACKET

The bracket is the little screw tab on the top, some have the relay's plug clipped to the wiper motor, or the fusebox.

XANTIA II - ZX - XSARA - SAXO - SYNERGIE - XM - XM II - XANTIA - DISPATCH I & II £29.23 :o

I love scrapyard Discount :wub: Though I may have one in a bag of relays I got in a box of bits from Darren Visagti16v

Edited by welshpug

madspikes

The 306 rear wiper uses the same blue timer relay as the front wipers of the 205/306...

Jamal

Hi!

Has everyone using the 306's blue intermittant relay successfully in his 205?

I changed it on mine, but it doesn't do anything.

I wired the +ve from the switch to the relays 1 leg.

In the wiring diagram I discovered that the 205's wiper motor contact in the case is different than the 306's. The switch resting on the other contact.

Pus info:

My wiper motor is from 86'-90'.