• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
Rolando

Plasticare Black/grey

Rolando

i've got phase 1.5 bumpers/trim and was going to take them to a body shop to get them refurbed in black so they'd be phase 2 but now reading and searching about what other people have done with plasticare i'm curious to give it ago.

but my question is if i buy black plasticare, will it work with my grey trim and make it black?

also how many pots should i buy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plasticare-Trim-Dye-...=item3ca8796927

thanks Rolando

Pugleyrich

it will do. they grey plasticare is very good though and will make your bumpers look new again. if you message they guy on ebay he will answer all of your questions, i found him to be very helpful

davey sprocket

'Tis damned good stuff.

Finally got round to having a go at my back bumper yesterday and it really does a fantastic job.

I've used the grey but from that experience, if you used the black it would end up black.

For a tenner, its got to be worth a shot!

In fact I need to change my avatar picture over there <<<..... the car looks so different with a properly coloured rear bumper!!

Edited by davey sprocket

Rolando

thanks for the advice guys

Galifrey
thanks for the advice guys

A little goes a long way, make sure you use gloves, it stains fingers heavily

lemmingzappa

Make sure you dont get any on the sofa >.<

Atari Boy
Make sure you dont get any on the sofa >.<

Or your drive ....

Baz

How big is a bottle, there doesn't seem to be a volume/amount in the description.

Will it do more than just one 205? :lol:

Daviewonder
How big is a bottle, there doesn't seem to be a volume/amount in the description.

Will it do more than just one 205? :D

Not sure how much the bottle holds, looks about 150ml.

Yes, I did all my black plastics on my 205 (including mirrors and sunroof trim) and I even spilt some in the road and I only used about half a bottle :rolleyes:

j_turnell

Just got some of this through the post, the bottle is tiny! But im glad it seems to go a long way! Doing my light up vanity mirrors with it :rolleyes:

lemmingzappa

I'm not even sure 1 bottle would do my entire car....I felt like 1 coating wasn't enough so I did 2 coats on one piece of trim. It looks spot on, but I ended up using more than I expected :rolleyes:

Edited by lemmingzappa

GeorgeXS
I'm not even sure 1 bottle would do my entire car....I felt like 1 coating wasn't enough so I did 2 coats on one piece of trim. It looks spot on, but I ended up using more than I expected :rolleyes:

yeah i used 2/3 ish of a bottle on bumpers, doorhandles, 3/4 trims, boot trim.

depends on just how faded everything is

Eliganza

I've just ordered some after seeing this thread, hope it works :rolleyes: I just bought the one bottle, so I'm hoping it will do all of my considerabley faded trim haha.

Alfie
I've just ordered some after seeing this thread, hope it works :rolleyes: I just bought the one bottle, so I'm hoping it will do all of my considerabley faded trim haha.

It will :lol: Good stuff. Don't know about how long the effect will last yet tho' previously used Autoglym bumper care, which I'll go back to,if it don't last :P

Rich_p

Would black or grey be the one to use for ph2 309 bumpers and trim?

Pugleyrich
Would black or grey be the one to use for ph2 309 bumpers and trim?

I am guessing black, as all the ph 2 205 bumpers are black

Pugleyrich

that looks really good! did you use black or grey? they have come up quite dark.

Eliganza

Will this stain the red lettering on the side badges btw? Or can I just wipe the dye off afterwards?

lemmingzappa
Will this stain the red lettering on the side badges btw? Or can I just wipe the dye off afterwards?

I would imagine it would stain it, so i'd try being super accurate with a small brush or something.

steve74
i've got phase 1.5 bumpers/trim and was going to take them to a body shop to get them refurbed in black so they'd be phase 2 but now reading and searching about what other people have done with plasticare i'm curious to give it ago.

but my question is if i buy black plasticare, will it work with my grey trim and make it black?

also how many pots should i buy?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plasticare-Trim-Dye-...=item3ca8796927

thanks Rolando

Ha ha ha,

Just use heat out of an heat gun soon turns it black again.

Just apply heat gently.

It lasts aswell,alot cheaper. :(

lemmingzappa
Ha ha ha,

Just use heat out of an heat gun soon turns it black again.

Just apply heat gently.

It lasts aswell,alot cheaper. :(

Not if you have to buy a heat gun it isnt.

Plasticare lasts anyway, and there's zero risk of melting the trim.

dino20vt
that looks really good! did you use black or grey? they have come up quite dark.

I used black on phase 1.5 grey trims and only one coat on both cars so could look even better with a couple of coats.

It will stain as I found out, I'd either be really careful and paint round it with a small brush or cover the red in Blu Tak and and be a bit more careless with the Plasticare.

blippi

how does this last on interior trim?