• Welcome to 205GTIDrivers.com!

Hello dear visitor! Feel free to browse but we invite you to register completely free of charge in order to enjoy the full functionality of the website.

Sign in to follow this  
davidc

Best Exhaust For Standardish 205 1.9 8v Gti ?

davidc

Right guys....I've been searching the forum for the last hour or so but not having much luck !!

What's the best exhaust system for a 205 1.9 GTi thats basically standard, also, what downpipe is best ?

The car will be used for track/rally use.

Also, where is best to buy from ?

I've been told to make sure that we get a downpipe that is split rather than just being an open bore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

David

woo83

I'd keep with a standard OE Peugeot exhaust system, just make sure its in good nick and clean. I know loads of people who swear by them, especially if the rest of the engine is standard.

John

davidc
I'd keep with a standard OE Peugeot exhaust system, just make sure its in good nick and clean. I know loads of people who swear by them, especially if the rest of the engine is standard.

John

Do Peugeot still supply them ?

Thanks,

David

pug_ham
Do Peugeot still supply them ?

Thanks,

David

Yes, or they did a year or so ago but they are pretty expensive(~£250 for the front half on the later two piece system & £85 for the back box).

The usually agreed best option is an Arvin exhaust as these follow the proper oe twin siamiesed downpipe & quality exhausts but you have to state that you want an Arvin one because they are part of the same company as Timax but the Timax systems aren't as good.

I run an Arvin system on my GTI which mainly sees use on track with slightly more power than a standard 1.9 8v & its better than it was when I ran it with the Peugeot Sport group N system previously.

The standard system is good for over 160 bhp & is used on some high power Mi16's people on here run.

Graham.

davidc
Yes, or they did a year or so ago but they are pretty expensive(~£250 for the front half on the later two piece system & £85 for the back box).

The usually agreed best option is an Arvin exhaust as these follow the proper oe twin siamiesed downpipe & quality exhausts but you have to state that you want an Arvin one because they are part of the same company as Timax but the Timax systems aren't as good.

I run an Arvin system on my GTI which mainly sees use on track with slightly more power than a standard 1.9 8v & its better than it was when I ran it with the Peugeot Sport group N system previously.

The standard system is good for over 160 bhp & is used on some high power Mi16's people on here run.

Graham.

Thanks for the info.

I presume the Arvin system & downpipe should be available from most motor factors ? Any idea how much they are ?

What are the Ashley systems like ? I believe there is a 2" version & a Competition one that is 2-1/4" ? Any thoughts or experiences ?

Cheers,

David

DamirGTI
I run an Arvin system on my GTI which mainly sees use on track with slightly more power than a standard 1.9 8v .

Graham.

Ditto :lol: good price and quality build ..

Damir

dylbachgti
Ditto :lol: good price and quality build ..

Damir

timax fella i paid 105 for a centre and back box standard bore improved my car dramatically to be onest ,and no waking the neighbours early in the morning

i thought about going genuine but to dam expensive i had one off ces uk hope this helps if u want the part numbers i can help

boombang

Last Arvin system I bought was in region of £120 included VAT, with a little discount on list prices applied.

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/

Go for later spec 2 piece system for cheapness, or 3 piece in case you mash a bit of it (then only have to buy a third not half!)

Paul_13

I had an ashley exhaust, and f*ck me it was tooooo loud.

I had the 2" outwards rolled backbox, looked nice.

dylbachgti
I had an ashley exhaust, and f*ck me it was tooooo loud.

I had the 2" outwards rolled backbox, looked nice.

here are the part numbers pg140

pg139 good stuff easy fit no hassle hope it helps

richsmells
Last Arvin system I bought was in region of £120 included VAT, with a little discount on list prices applied.

http://www.buypartsby.co.uk/

Go for later spec 2 piece system for cheapness, or 3 piece in case you mash a bit of it (then only have to buy a third not half!)

That's where I got mine from last. You can fill out the comments/notes field when you order to tell them to supply the Arvin one.

Fitted mine in the rain at night by torchlight. :ph34r:

Edited by richsmells

Ludi

John

I agree,keep it std.

Sign in to follow this